Coyles Rail Reading
Works Operation Readiness Room (WORR) – Project Manager
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the H/O IDT Performance & Development the Works Operation Readiness Room Project Manager is responsible for: –
• The instructional design, co-ordination, facilitation, implementation, management, coaching and continuous improvement of a transparent standardised performance management system / process hub, designed to understand, track and facilitate performance & continuous improvement.
• Providing operational and tactical support improving the day-to-day running of the Delivery Directorate in relation to, Shafts, Portals, Routeway & Stations IDTs with their respective Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & People deliverables, enabling the IDTs to perform and deliver the programme.
• Co-ordinating and presenting the tracking and reporting of daily and periodic performance activities through the use of factual and transparent activity sprint plans, available and visible across all sites, ensuring Delivery Directorate governance and cadence requirements are met.
• Supporting and coaching site of PM/IDTs, with tracking and reporting to the Delivery Director and the wider organisation.
• Removal of variability across IDT Tier-1s & sub-contractor base, employing best practice sharing & lessons learnt.
• Ensure continuity and alignment between Delivery & Programme Controls reports, reporting and meeting cadence.
• Lead Works Operation Readiness Room to provide a lean and agile reporting and tracking processes (including visualisation) for the H/O IDT Performance & Development and Heads of Shafts, Portals, Routeway and Stations Delivery, Project and Tier-1 Managers and IDTs. Management of the Works Operational Readiness Room to facilitate, reporting, forecasting, visualisation management, governance frameworks, and working closely with the other Directorates and their performance reporting leads.
• Advise the H/O IDT Performance & Development along with Delivery Leads at a tactical level, providing common principles, methodologies and support tools to build on existing legacy reports, processes and procedures, implementing them accordingly in the current phase of the Programme, helping and supporting time and cost sensitive decisions, whilst ensuring Safety and Quality standards are maintained
• Support the transition from Delivery Programme Controls to Delivery site leads, and their respective reports and reporting roles and responsibilities, ensuring effective resource provisions are in place whilst providing performance information to aid the H/O IDT Performance & Development in their management of the Delivery Director and Directorate including organisational structure, strategy and approach.
• Assist the H/O Performance & Development with the Handover co-ordination and collaboration with the Delivery leads and IDTs to ensure that the handover regimes and timings meet the overall programme ensuring that these activities are programmed and the impact to the wider programme is understood to prevent damage to the programme caused by concurrency.
• Attend, lead, chair and where required reinstall, daily visualisation (physical/virtual) performance management centres and cadence across all sites at Level 4, 3, 1.5 and Route to Finish (RtF), ensuring challenge, administration and tracking of concerns, actions, timely resolution or escalation and attendance at Technical Directorate Integrated Team Meeting (ITM) or Executive Trial Running Mobilisation Board (TRMB). • Alignment and deployment of Central Programme and Project Controls revised ‘Blockade’ reporting (1. DCS Adherence 2. EOWL’s 3. Construction Activities 4. ROTA). • Consult and act on observations and assessment highlighted from Sponsors and Project P-Representatives.
• Work closely with the External Relations team and support activities such as; the co-ordination of advisors, stakeholders, executive and technical for site visits, and inputs to learning legacy, lessons learnt and best practice sharing.
• Work in close collaboration with the Communications department to ensure that they are provided with up to date information regarding individual, IDT and Delivery Directorate wide successes, noteworthy events and best practice sharing.
• Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
• Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
• Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
• Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
• Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
Main Challenges of the Job
• Operating at a senior level in a pressurised environment making key decisions on a high-profile Programme.
• Providing the H/O IDT Performance & Development with timely factual performance metrics, reviews and analysis of the performance of all Delivery Directorates sites whilst undertaking interventions where improvements are required.
• Maintaining a working relationship across all sites, as well as Functional and Corporate Teams.
• Working at a strategic/tactical level influencing decision for the benefit of the entire Programme.
• Providing transparency from complex and variable operations and reporting quantities so accelerating and supporting decision making through ‘Performance at a Glance’
• Experience and formally trained in lean behaviours, tools and techniques.
• Ability to inform, influence and coach to senior management level using data focused on action areas, using technics such as visualisation, practical problem solving (5W Root-Cause analysis), following a Scan, Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, to transparently identify and demonstrably evidence performance and delivery.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of industry cross functional best practices from the construction, rail, automotive, defence and aerospace sectors with demonstrable evidence of importing and embedding improvement processes and procedures.
• Working knowledge of rail/engineering industry, experience of dealing with large complex works packages.
• Experience of influencing and/or leading large multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent written, oral presentation and communication skills together with strong inter-personal skills and experience.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary management team and within a matrix organisational structure.
• Experience of supporting high-profile individuals in their day-to-day activities, with the discretion required to handle sensitive issues.
• Experience in budgeting resources management and organisational change management…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.