Water Treatment Technician
Home Based – South East
Salary Negotiable + Company Vehicle + Commission + benefits
My client who specialises within the Water Treatment/Environmental industry are currently looking to recruit a mobile based Water Treatment Technician to work as part of their Water Treatment Service Team.
As a Water Treatment Technician, you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
The accounts to be serviced are customers with a mix of processes on site including Steam boilers, High Pressure boilers, Cooling Towers, Closed systems, Chlorine Dioxide and Domestic water.
This is a field-based role, and you will be required to travel to client sites across the South East and South coast of the UK or as required, depending on your work schedule. You will ideally be based around the South East M25 / M3 / M4 areas.
* Sample collection and analysis of Cooling and Boiler water, Closed systems and Chlorine Dioxide and the monitoring of Domestic water systems with the necessary water sampling in line with ACoP/ HSG activities.
* Implementing, managing and monitoring water treatment programmes for commercial and industrial water systems. Commission new dosing / control installations.
* Provide Legionella control recommendations to ensure customers remain compliant with the latest guidance from HSG 1-3 / ACoP L8.
* Maintaining customer records in site logbooks. Cooling Tower logbooks are especially important.
* Collation of site information and company documentation for conducting on site Customer reviews.
* The completion of risk assessments, work reports and all other documentation in a timely manner.
* Provide regular progress reports / updates to the line manager informing of individuals monthly activity / assistance required / issues which may impact the Company or Client.
* Look for opportunities and where appropriate to sell parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work, working with the appropriate sales team.
* Feedback to customers on future product development, features and functions and show how they will add value to their business.
* An HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
* A very good knowledge of guidance documents HSG274 parts 1-3, ACoP L8 and BS2486.
* Applicants do not need experience in all areas but must be comfortable with a test kit and analysis procedures. High pressure boiler experience is desirable but not necessary.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills both to company colleagues and customers to allow good working relationships to develop and be maintained.
* The ability to identify customer needs and gain opportunities to sell parts and additional services within the contract.
* Ability to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
* Passionate about providing a first- class service to our customers.
* Good organisational and time management skills with an eye for detail.
* To be self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks. This includes the ability to plan, prioritise, schedule and service the site visits for the month.
* Computer I.T competency including the use of Google software.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
* Competitive salary + Commission
* Company vehicle + Fuel card
* Laptop and mobile phone
* 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
* Access to a Private Medical Insurance Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Travel Insurance
* Shopping discounts and much more…
Career Development Opportunities
A training and development plan will be designed for you as the company want you to grow, develop and progress within the company, this may include external training as required for the role.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.