We are recruiting on behalf of a private utilities company that provides water and wastewater services to 1000+ MoD establishments across England and Wales under a 25-year private finance initiative agreement. Their operations are run from eight base locations across the contract area, with a head office in South Yorkshire. and ambitious plans to grow into an expanding marketplace.
There is a current requirement for a Water Network Technician to be based from home and cover the Devon / Cornwall region – someone who lives in Plymouth would be centrally based for the role.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the role is to reduce water leakage and increase consumption across the MOD package. This includes duties such as leakage detection, metering, meter reading, data logging, valve operations, network zoning/optimisation and maintaining water quality.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities Include:
* Understand water usage patterns on site and identity when the Measurement Arrangements or the measurement of Water into Supply is not in accordance with agreed methodologies.
* Undertake leakage detection surveys of the sites using a variety of techniques (listening, correlation, step testing, acoustic logging etc)
* Install and maintain flow and pressure data logging equipment including fault finding.
* Trial and test new leakage detection equipment and techniques.
* Ensure all relevant site data is captured (ie, network changes, metering information, records of step tests, surveys etc), recorded and provided to the wider team to allow the provision of auditable data trails to the MOD and SUC updates.
* Review, maintain and optimise installed pressure management equipment.
* Undertake fire hydrant testing and inspection programmes of work
* Participate in site optimisation initiatives by providing expert local knowledge to inform decision making to improve the profitability of sites
* Collect meter index readings
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Attributes:
* Leakage Detection experience (min 2 years)
* Water Network Optimisation experience (min 2 years)
* Valve Operations experience (min 2 years)
* Technical expertise in the detection of leaks and night-use surveys including the installation and downloading of flow and pressure loggers and the maintenance and optimisation of pressure management systems
* Technical expertise in the testing and inspection of fire hydrants
* Ability to set up and configure loggers (pressure & flow)
* Knowledge of water supply configurations
* A good understanding of clean water networks and the hydraulics of systems
* Physically fit to lift and move materials, plant and tools with the ability to lift manhole lids and covers safely
* Ability to dynamically risk assess site access & working conditions
* Ability to drive and have full UK Driving Licence – this role involves a varied amount of daily driving to and from sites and client bases.
* Trained in First Aid to a minimum level of ‘First Responder’
From a personal perspective they are looking for candidates who is an organised, self-motivated, computer literate and organised team player with the ability to work alone and ambitions to stay with the company and progress professionally.
A competitive salary of £23,000 – £25,000 plus company vehicle, fuel card, pension and a range of benefits below will be offered to the right candidate.
To register your interest please apply by following instructions.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.