St. Helens, Merseyside
Mercury Hampton Ltd
This organisation, operating for over 40 years, is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services to the power generation and process industries. Over the years, the business has streamlined its activities to concentrate on their core business – the provision of valve shutdown and repair services. They deliver factory-authorised valve modifications and repairs to customers throughout the UK. They are now looking to strengthen their technical team with the acquisition of a Valve Technician. You will be responsible for the construction, installation, servicing, repair, maintenance and testing of valves, assisting customers with troubleshooting, and doing root cause analysis on valves. The position includes travel in both the UK and internationally – possibly at short notice.
What You Will Do:
· Strip down valves and report on condition
· Test valves and record the information
· Ensure all equipment used remains in good working order
· Fault find and carry out corrective actions
· Advise and recommend corrective actions.
· Assemble and test valves in accordance with production and quality control guidelines and procedures
· Maintain a basic knowledge of Instrumentation to enable function tests and overhaul on valves to be carried out
What You Will Have:
· Technical/specification writing and interpretation skills
· Experience in a service-oriented work environment, and an ability to problem solve service-related issues
· Working understanding of ISO, ASME and API compliance regulations and codes
· Understanding of materials for a variety of industrial/service applications along manufacturing processes/workflow
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and requests for information
· Ability to accurately read, review and interpret manufacturing and electrical designs, drawing and schematics
· Ability to use IT and information systems including Microsoft Word/Excel/Databases
· Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organisational skills
· Apprenticeship or HNC/NVQ in relevant discipline plus at least two years’ experience of repairing various valves, specifically Control / Relief / Isolation Valves and actuation, whether pneumatic, hydraulic, or electric
· Familiar with tools and equipment required to perform daily valve repair duties
· Full driving license, as on-site maintenance will be required
The successful individual will be joining a business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence and a disciplined management process. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investment, delivering results for customers and creating career opportunities and development for colleagues…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.