Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Ensure effective and efficient notification and recording of all treasury transactions within accounting records and systems in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
* To perform Treasury operations and ensure a regular and accurate booking of all Treasury transactions.
* To prepare regular and ad-hoc financial reports required by company, management and outside agencies.
* Provide data for cash planning and exchange risk coverage.
* Preparation of cash flow statements, exchange risk statements and other reports as requested.
* To provide support to other teams within the department as required.
* To perform ad hoc duties as required
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* To prepare and execute the Treasury operations such as payments, receipts, loans, deposits placement ensuring company procedures and controls are followed.
* To liaise effectively and efficiently with Finance staff on purchase invoice payments and receipts relating to timing and amounts of all sales.
* To authenticate payment requests in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
* To provide effective and efficient cash office service, reconciling cash balances in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* To carry out the necessary back-office operations covering Treasury activities to ensure that a clear audit trail is maintained and to ensure that external and internal transactions are matched.
* To organise and post Foreign Exchange deals in a timely manner.
* To post daily into the financial ledgers all Treasury transactions (payments, receipts and foreign exchange transactions).
* To carry out monthly reconciliation of the cash books with the Bank Statements and Ledgers in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* To carry out monthly reconciliation of bank ledgers and other specified general ledger accounts under the control of the Treasury section and submit the Reconciliations to the Head of Treasury for approval
* To maintain the Finance system currency files, distribute currency rates to relevant departments on a monthly basis and file economic and statistical information in a timely manner.
* To provide data for the monthly financial reporting
* To produce regular and ad hoc financial reports as requested by client, management or outside agencies.
* To ensure adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards
* To fully comply with company Code of Ethics and Compliance Model
Main Interfaces (relationships):
* Company Auditors.
* Partners and Suppliers.
* Central Statistical Office.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
* University Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Management or equivalent.
* ACCA/CIMA part qualification is recommended but not essential.
Required Experience and Technical Competencies (relevant experience and technical skills):
* Numerate and computer literate. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SAP system.
* Experience working as an Accountant in the Oil and Gas Industry may be beneficial but not essential.
* Previous Treasury experience would be beneficial.
* Experience of working in a multi-currency environment is desirable.
* High level of accuracy and numeracy.
o Sharing of Knowledge & Know-how
o Courage to change
o Setting an example
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritise work and meet strict and changing priorities and deadlines.
* Good organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Flexible and proactive.
Working Conditions (working conditions and additional information, e.g. working hours or mobility requirements):
* Flexibility to work overtime and during weekends may be requested during year-end and quarterly closing periods or in special circumstances.
Our Client is a major integrated energy company employing over 78,000 people across 90 countries. They are committed to growth in the activities of finding, producing, transporting, transforming and marketing oil and gas.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.