Hoople Recruitment Ltd
TOWN HALL CLEANER
Hourly Rate £9.81
Annual salary £7,651.80 (15 hours)
Main purpose of the role
The Hereford City are recruiting a Town Hall Cleaner to provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment in the parlour, museum, offices and tourist information centre.
Will be responsible to the Town Clerk and have key relationships with the Mayor, staff of the Council, Councillors and Visitors to the building
• To carry out the weekly cleaning schedules for the Mayor’s parlour and silver room, the tourist information centre and the offices of the City Council. (This schedule is subject to review in the light of developing advice regarding Covid 19 and the need to maintain compliance with changing advice as well as staff and public confidence in the cleanliness of the premises.)
• To comply with Health and Safety at work Regulations taking reasonable care of self and others affected by their work and to co-operate with the employer in ensuring Health and Safety responsibilities are carried out.
• Work will be largely outside normal office hours but the Parlour and meeting room are often in use during the evenings.
• To undertake any relevant training as required.
• To use and store safely cleaning materials as appropriate, in accordance with the manufacturer’s or supplier’s instructions.
• To complete notes of work carried out as required and to ensure that these are kept together with any reports of defects in equipment or the premises that require action.
• To ensure that the premises are securely locked if unoccupied at the end of a period of work, and that no data or materials are left vulnerable to theft or damage.
• To follow all Council procedures and policies relevant to the work being undertaken.
Skills and Abilities
• An understanding of the need for a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Council’s premises
• Have a thorough approach to cleaning and storage of materials
• Be a reliable timekeeper and be able to work effectively unsupervised
• Be conscientious in matters of premises security and trustworthy
• Be willing to undertake training as required
• Be able to handle cleaning materials safely and be aware of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health requirements
• Be in sufficiently good health to manage the physical requirements of the post
Closing Date: Friday 1st November 2020
To apply for the role, please visit the Hoople Recruitment Website where you can find the role under “Partner Organisation Vacancies” or for more information please call …… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.