Job Purpose / Overview
The Site Operations Temporary Infrastructure Delivery Lead reports directly to the Site Operations Service Manager and is responsible for the delivery and implementation, of the Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance Contract.
The contract, in summary, is the operation and maintenance of assets both temporary and permanent required to construct and deliver the project including, but not limited to, road networks, pedestrian and vehicular access plazas, shared office grounds, traffic management and winterisation.
Responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of a singular but substantial support service in accordance with all safety, quality time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the HPC construction project. The Delivery Lead will provide technical input and advice for their scope of work – and may be involved in all stages of the procurement, planning, implementation and operation of their key contract area.
The Delivery Lead will be responsible for developing, reviewing and amending policies and procedures that underpin strategy within their work area, and may also be called upon to help prepare detailed specifications, in support of the procurement process.
The role would suit someone who has highway maintenance experience with local councils or major projects with similar criteria for maintaining live infrastructure.
The HPC project is likely to be the largest infrastructure project in Europe for the foreseeable future, and Site operations activities tend to be dynamic and fast paced, with only key deliverables appearing on an integrated work schedule. This is due to the emerging nature of unplanned works that are created within service areas such as; transport, bussing, catering, facilities management and utilities provision – when a breakdown or system failure will often require immediate attention. The ability to re-prioritise and restore service provision is a key deliverable in those circumstances.
Framework & Boundaries;
Site Operations is a stand-alone Multi-Disciplinary Team [MDT], that brings together Logistical and Business Support functions that due to the scope and complexity of the services it provides must fully integrate with all contractors and all other site based MDT’s and all Associated Developments. It must remain cognisant of the drive to engage with the local supply chain, and remain aligned with Pre-Construction Planning strategy and philosophy
The Delivery Lead will;
* Manage day to day the provision of a critical live infrastructure support service to a construction workforce of circa 5,600
* Manage and be directly responsible for the infrastructure operations and maintenance service contract valued at circa £40m [full project lifecycle]
* Be accountable for ensuring all statutory, regulatory and site controls are complied with
* Form effective relationships with their service contract partner and champion; clarity, respect, positivity, humility and integrity
* Agree and monitor service KPI’s.
* Ensure the contract partners team are fully competent to perform their assigned roles – and that any shortfalls are reported to the Service Manager without delay
* Develop and implement plans to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds the expectations and project work schedule
* Ensure early intervention to avoid any escalation of issues affecting service delivery by working in the spirit of a ‘one team approach’
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Proven track record Managing highways maintenance or temporary infrastructure schemes.
* Experience of working with and developing budgets.
* Management [or leadership] experience in a service lead environment.
* Experience of working in a high security environment.
* Must be confident in own abilities and be able to deliver in a dynamic environment.
* Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
* Proven experience within a large project environment.
* Excellent communication skills and able to strike up effective working relationships.
* Must be willing to work with our local supply chain partners in a cooperative way.
* Recognised and certificated ‘Behavioural Safety Programme’.
* Recent IOSH accreditation [or equivalent].
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.