Berkeley Group Plc
To manage all technical information on projects from inception to completion.
Ensure all information is accessible to the Production team and other departments throughout life time of project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Brief, appoint, manage and drive the external design consultants in the preparation of the production information to an agreed programme.
· Ensure all project design information is procured in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Tender Event Schedule and Construction Programme.
· Prepare development specifications ensuring at all times that they are in line with budget and sales requirements.
· Ensure all drawings are fully checked and co-ordinated and are in accordance with Berkeley Standard details and design guidelines.
· Prepare and monitor design development programme.
· Oversee (NHBC / Premier Guarantee) Warranty / building control applications.
· Ensure that production drawings are in accordance with the consented planning drawings and the marketing collateral produced
· Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the commercial department to ensure tight cost control and information produced is in line with cost plan.
· Monitor and control professional fees and feed into the cost report with commercial team.
· Assess, monitor & control claims for additional work outside of agreed consultant scopes and control additional fees. Either supplementary agreements or NIPS will be authorised ahead of work being produced.
· Oversee the preparation of brochure plans, conveyance plans and any other sales and marketing collateral material as required.
· Ensure that all aspects of health and safety are considered during the detailed design process. Health and Safety to be discussed and recorded at all Design Team Meetings.
· Chair and minute Design Team meetings.
· Attend and present a Technical Report at Production Meetings.
· Attend Site Progress meetings and carry out site inspections as and when required.
· Ensure liaison and co-ordination between other parties both internal and external.
· Attend subcontractor interviews.
· Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction issues.
· Research and develop new design solutions and products for utilization within projects.
· Liaise with statutory bodies and other third parties to obtain necessary approvals.
· Assist the land / planning department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites preparing necessary technical reports.
· Ensure all party wall awards are in place to meet the requirements of the development programme.
· Produce first draft of the Site Waste Management Plan and ensuring waste elimination and reduction through design and specification.
· Complete the Project Specific Sustainability Plan ensuring at all times that the items identified are encompassed within the detailed design process and that all such issues are discussed and recorded at all Design Team Meetings.
· Develop and monitor the Strategic Risk Register
· Provide information to secure the discharge of planning conditions to the Planning Team. Liaise with the Land & Planning team to ensure that work is prioritised and tracked
· Work closely with the commercial and build teams maintaining the close collaborative team spirit already in place
· Ideally 5+ years’ experience working with residential planning, Building Regulations and NHBC.
· Good knowledge of Building Regulations, detailing and construction methods.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.