Peabody Care and Support
Peabody are recruiting a full time Surveyor (HIA), Home Improvement Agency, working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The role will involve visiting clients homes in the West Kent area, predominantly in Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone, Tonbridge & Malling however may be required to work in Dartford and Gravesham.
The Surveyor (HIA) role:
You will provide a professionally qualified and comprehensive surveying and technical service to customers enabling them to choose and achieve appropriate housing solutions in line with promoting independence, wellbeing and inclusion, to include advice on energy efficiency measures, repairs and maintenance. You will provide effective solutions to technical problems and ensure all works carried out meet required technical standards and are in line with contractual obligations and requirements.
Responsibilities of our Surveyor (HIA):
– Inspect and survey customers’ homes, providing a technical assessment and advice regarding repairs and improvements. Provide guidance to enable customers to make informed decisions around independent living, health and wellbeing in accordance with the requirement of stakeholders and funders.
– Prepare drawings, schedules of works or schedule of rates and specifications, as required, for building control, planning authorities and invitations to tender for grant approval to agreed timescales.
– Demonstrate strong knowledge of technical legislation and building law such as the Building Regulations, British Standards, CDM 2015, planning permission, lawful developments and the Party Wall 1996 Act etc.
– Provide effective solutions to technical problems and ensure that all works carried out meet required technical standards and are in line with contractual obligations and requirements.
– Manage the technical workload from initial inspection to completion, to meet performance targets set by local authorities, Operations Manager (internally) and any other stakeholders or partners.
– Hold regular case review meetings with the relevant Grants Officers and Occupational Therapists and use these contacts and those with other outside bodies to resolve technical problems including formal and informal complaints, ensuring that Peabody’s services are well represented.
– Hold a caseload and manage individual cases from start-to-finish in a professional and efficient manner whilst ensuring that appropriate stakeholders and utilised electronic systems are updated regularly.
– To identify required technical knowledge development including statutory and regulatory changes, manufacturer and supplier advice and information, and developing a reference library of relevant documentation.
– To support the wider team through investigation and resolution support associated with any complaints relating to building or other services, ensuring that timescales are met inline with key performance indicators and complaints policy.
– To agree timetables, works programs and remedial action with builders and keep accurate records.
Skills and experience required of our Surveyor (HIA):
– Degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND/HNC) or equivalent or demonstrable experience
– Experience of surveying and preferable experience of delivering disabled facilities grants
– Ability to deliver challenging objectives
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Proficient IT skills including databases, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
– Membership of relevant professional body (RICS, CIOB) Preferred
– Excellent knowledge of building pathology
– Preferred experience of social housing
– Knowledge of current building regulations and statutory legislation
– Ability to write and disseminate detailed technical reports
– Excellent communication skills
Benefits of becoming our Surveyor (HIA):
– 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
– Sleep-in payments £73.89 per night
– Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
– Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
– Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
– Spot Bonus awards
– Long Service awards
– Paid Induction Training
– Paid Enhanced DBS
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Surveyor (HIA) please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!….. click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.