LOOK AHEAD CARE AND SUPPORT
Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Gravesend!
GBP 20,380 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more working 40 hours per week.
You will provide day to day high quality care & support to customers to help them develop independence and meet the individual needs of individuals. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. You will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
– Lead on the development of a regularly reviewed person-centred support plan for each customer, supporting them to identify their strengths, goals and aspirations
– Conduct comprehensive and regular customer risk assessments to ensure their safety and wellbeing
– Provide practical assistance to support customers to work towards the goals in their support plan (e.g. supporting benefits applications, attending medical appointments, support to go shopping)
– Work flexibly, supporting each customer to exercise choice and control over their support and the wider service they receive
– Work in partnership with involved agencies and stakeholders to deliver coordinated, responsive support
– Signpost and support customers to access external organisations that will support achievement of their goals (e.g. colleges or training providers, drug or alcohol agencies)
– Help customers to integrate into their local area and access local educational, social, wellbeing and community activities, resources and opportunities
– Support customers to develop independent living skills and fulfil their rights and responsibilities as a tenant and good neighbour
– Carry out duties as required to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of customers and fellow colleagues
– Where appropriate and required, act as the service lead for a specific designated area of service delivery (e.g. health and safety, education, training and employment or customer activities)
– Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
– Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
– Is committed to Look Ahead’s values of excellence, aspiration, partnership and trust, and demonstrating these through their day to day role
– Enjoys working flexibly, based on the needs and preference of customers
– Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
– Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Up to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
– Car and licence
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.