LOOK AHEAD CARE AND SUPPORT
Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Southwark!
£22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
David Barker House is located on Blackfriars Road in the borough of Southwark is a 45 bed homeless complex needs hostel for single males only. Manor Place Hostel is located in Kennington area in the borough of Southwark which is a 34 bed homeless complex needs hostel for single females only. All our residents have shared facilities and are aged between 18 and 60 years old. We support them with a range of support needs from domestic violence, substance misuse, mental health and offending. We aim to enable vulnerable people to address their identified support needs as well as manage risks in order to allow customers to move on towards greater independence.
The service provides waking night cover as well as a team of staff support workers with a case load of around 8-12 customers depending of the needs of the service.
To enable and support vulnerable individuals with complex needs to address this while maintaining their tenancy with the long term goal of living in an independent setting by providing flexible and individually tailored support package. Working with excluded and hard to reach customers can be challenging however, with intensive support this challenge can be broken. You will also be responsible for dealing with emergencies that may arise during your shift whilst remaining calm and using initiative then writing up incident reports amongst other administrative tasks.
As a Support Worker, you will be working as part of a team as well as with external agencies such as London Probation Service, local substance misuse services, Mental health teams, and police amongst others. Sometimes customers may not be linked with agencies when they enter the service, as part of your role you will need to ensure they are receiving the correct support from agencies required. You will be required to support customers with managing their arrears; ensuring housing benefit is applied for as well as monitoring payments and acting appropriately if payments are suspended in order to ensure customer does not fall into any arrears.
You will be responsible for supporting the working shift pattern of the service which is a five week rolling rota which consists of working some weekends as well as long days.
– Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
– Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
– Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
– Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
– Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
– Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
– Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
– Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
– Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
– Adhere to Look Ahead’s Policies and Procedures
– Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
– Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
For more information or to apply please visit our website…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.