DGH Recruitment Ltd.
SQL Server DBA (Azure)
This is a exciting opportunity for someone with strong MS SQL skills to acquire further experience managing a mature on-premise database estate with increasing involvement in cutting edge cloud technologies (Azure/Automation).
A successful candidate will split their time between BAU & project work and will undertake support and development of both on-premise and cloud-based MS SQL systems (mixture of vendor/internally developed), working closely with other operations and development teams to protect existing production services and facilitate the introduction of new business services supported by MS SQL.
– Work within a team of 4 DBAs to support around 1400 databases/140 MS SQL database Servers across production and test environments.
– Perform proactive monitoring of the SQL Server estate, ensuring system availability and performance.
– Provide excellent technical support cover and efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to the users.
– Provide tactical and strategic solutions focusing on database design, scalability, availability, tuning and performance enhancements.
Required Skills & Experience:
– Administering, managing & maintaining very large databases (4TB+) requiring 24/7 availability
– MS SQL Server up to 2019
– ETL – SSIS (Data Factory preferable)
– Data warehousing – SSAS (Analysis Services in Azure preferable)
– SSRS & PowerBI
– SQL Server HA/DR
– SQL Server Availability Groups/Always On
– Database mirroring
– SQL Server Log shipping
– Multi-Subnet Windows Clustering
– Strong knowledge of SQL administration and security protocols for Client Server environments deployed using Cloud based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions on Windows platforms (using Azure)
SQL Server DBA (Azure)
In accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, this position is advertised based upon DGH Recruitment Limited having first sought approval of its client to find candidates for this position.
DGH Recruitment Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.