Vision for Education – Leeds/Bradford
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Autism, Global Development Delay, Mental Health and challenging behaviour. This is a temporary to permanent position meaning that you would spend the first 12 weeks on supply and then be offered a permanent contract after that.
The responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant at this school are as follows: supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the national curriculum, supporting the class teacher to manage behaviour, supporting pupils on a one to one and full class basis, contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings.
Special School in North Leeds that caters for KS1 – KS5 pupils with Autism.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have 6 months minimum experience working with young people with Autism, GDD and SEMH either in a school or similar setting
• Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15:30
• Be willing to attend a two-day positive behaviour management course.
• Be physically fit and energetic.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND Team on
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.