Scanlon Recruitment (UK) Limited
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a shift engineer, IN West/Mid Wales.
As part of the Engineering Team reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that plant, machinery and equipment are capable of meeting the day-to-day Company needs.
Hours 40 hours per week Shift Pattern 4 days on/ 4 days off 10am – 10pm + overtime
This includes planned preventative maintenance, machine modifications and machine breakdowns. Working in a clean and responsible manner, constantly monitoring production machinery and affecting repairs to all services with in production areas.
You will be required to work with minimal supervision and to work flexible work patterns to meet operational needs. Your Tasks
• Responsible for ensuring all tasks carried out with the allocated work area, are done so in a manner to protect safety and quality in accordance with the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS), which encompasses HACCP, requirements of BRC, ISO22000 and Organic certification.
• Responsible for monitoring equipment to ensure that there is no potential risk to food product safety and for reporting any defects should they occur. • At the direction of the Maintenance Manager undertakes repairs to plant, machinery and equipment specified CMMS or whilst in the production area.
• Undertakes routine maintenance of boilers, heat pasteuriser and processors as required, operating within Health and Safety regulations and manufacturer’s guidelines and warranties.
• Undertakes electrical repairs mindful of health and safety regulations and legislation, along with monitoring these services with in production areas. • Undertakes basic plumbing repairs including tap washers, leaks etc., monitors these services within production areas.
• In conjunction with other colleagues ensures that there are adequate supplies of spares in stock. • Undertakes basic fabrication and pipe work duties as required.
• Maintains the personal knowledge of various items of equipment e.g. printers to be able to carry out maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Undertakes a range of routine tasks associated with fixtures and fittings e.g. putting up noticeboards, display cases etc.
• Maintains records ( manual and computerised) as necessary. Skills we need You will need to demonstrate a high level of competence against the following profile. This is a physically demanding post…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.