The ECS Group Limited
Summary of Role:
They will be responsible for providing clear leadership and direction to the construction team. They will generally be engaged on medium to large scale projects to ensure that the levels of supervision are sufficient to meet the project challenge, particularly with respect to safety. The role will generally oversee all areas of the project however at times focus will be required on key sites or packages that are not meeting the project objectives or where improvement is required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Understand project objectives and communicates to site teams as short to medium term goals to focus works.
* Determines the site set-up with all roles clearly communicated to ensure all parties understand their responsibilities and are accountable.
* Recognises change on site and retains records as required by the established change control process.
* Sets up procedures to ensure that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold inspection records, PUWER records etc.
* Participates in knowledge share events.
* Is aware of full project life cycle and contributes effectively with construction expertise at each.
* Supports the development and coordination of weekly and monthly look-ahead programmes for site operations from project programme.
* Fully aware of the resource requirements to effectively complete a section of work and makes arrangements to meet these needs.
* Familiar with supply chain procedures.
* Makes effective use of plant.
* Manages site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements, that they remain on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
* Sets up processes to ensure the site team effectively manage all site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, daily diary etc.
* Capable of putting together cost estimates for sections of work and for arranging works to meet an established budget.
* Familiar with COINS, monitoring of PPE, costs from ongoing hire etc.
* Communicates VCUK quality policy and systems to subcontractors and suppliers.
* Ensures that robust on site procedures are established and employed and undertakes daily checks.
* Undertakes regular checks to ensure workforce are meeting quality requirements.
* Ensures that weekly recorded site inspections for temp works such as hoardings, scaffolds, Haki stairs etc. are undertaken.
* Ensures plant is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines.
* Seeks out opportunities for inovation, to overcome problems and mitigate risk.
* Supports Engineers to identify a choice of engineering systems on the basis of personal experience.
* Evaluates and advises on engineering options based on evidence from various sources.
* Able to understand new and innovative technologies.
* Records outcomes and advises others on potential improvements.
* Seeks opportunities to improve on provided information for commercial or practical benefit.
* Identifies and defines problems that require a solution.
* Engages with designers/subcontractors to develop conceptual and detailed solutions to problems.
* Is aware of employment legislation, keeps records of hours worked when possession and night shift working can lead to overworking.
* Has a good working knowledge of industrial relations
* Fully aware of the skills within the team and company and makes effective use of Head Office and Technology Centre resources.
* Full participation in the performance appraisal process and focuses development of the team to further benefit themselves and the company.
* Sets up and runs a regime of 1-2-1’s with team
* Assesses strength and weakness of team and capable of managing performance where necessary
* Actively improves the performance of others by providing support
* Takes the lead in all construction, safety and logistical issues.
* Encourage and motivate the site team recognising the needs of individuals.
* Will clearly and effectively delegate works amongst the site teams whilst being aware of ability and training. Will continue to monitor.
* Actively encourage and promote a team approach to achieve the project objectives.
* Effectively negotiates with the client, stakeholders and subcontractors to move the project forward.
* Takes the lead in resolving construction and logistical problems.
* Confidently makes decisions based on construction knowledge and safety with knowledge of the full range of impacts.
* Clearly presents daily morning briefings, tool box talks as necessary, to resolve problems, develop solutions etc.
* Effectively contributes in meetings with the client, stakeholders, subcontractors and so forth to further the project.
* Is able to address public meetings and liaise with media and VIP’s
* Actively manages own self development and that of the team for example through mentoring Trainees, knowledge share etc.
* Ability to assist in the preparation of budgets for the utilisation of plant, labour and materials.
* Monitor the expenditure of plant, labour and materials against the budget allocation and take appropriate action where necessary to reduce costs.
* Accurately forecast plant, labour and material resource requirements and then monitor/adjust the forecast on a weekly basis.
* Monitor site productivity against targets and take appropriate action when targets are not being met.
Must have Black Contracts Manager.
Must have NVQ Level 6.
Appointed Person for Lifting Operations or Lift Supervisors is strongly advised.
First Aid at Work preferred.
Not essential but welcome.
Lifting Operations, Working at Height, Roofing Works, Piling, Groundworks and Reinforced Concrete Construction. Must have the experience of building and managing large teams of people and working in a similar field/sector.
ECS Recruitment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.