The Senior Surveyor is responsible for assistance in management of the survey team covering mainly Horizontal and Vertical Control Survey works project wide, station box subcontractors and project stakeholders survey works related.
1. Working with the Survey Manager managing and planning survey workload
2. Manage Control Survey Works both Horizontal and Vertical
3. Maintain and provide regular check of the Primary and Secondary control points during the construction for whole duration of the project
4. Establish good working relationship with stakeholders whose asset will be affected by survey works (TFL, NR, LBoC…)
5. Liaise with the Lead SCL Surveyor regarding establishing SCL Control in newly built SCL structures and develop reliable system of regular check of the Secondary control
6. Liaise with the HDS&GIS surveyor coordinating HDS&GIS works project wide.
7. Responsible for revising and distribution of latest Survey Control File to the Construction department, subcontractors and relevant parties
8. Provide the required level of expertise to the Construction team to support the survey requirements
9. Manage Enabling works contractor Scope transfer including Ventilation Shaft, Traction Sub-station, Utilities, Exhumations
10. Working with the HS2 Station Element subcontractors – develop the requirements for internal independent checks
11. Ensure best & safe practices during all survey-based operations in public areas, construction sites, TFL, Network Rail, LBoC and other stakeholder’s assets
12. Supervise, train and instruct survey related personnel to ensure quality, timely and safe work practices
13. Prepare method statements, plans, programmes and procedures for survey related activities.
14. Set up, test, calibrate and operate a variety of various survey instrumentation and positioning systems
15. Ensure that all equipment used by the survey and construction teams are calibrated and checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
16. Maintain and manage all setting out documentation
17. Preparation of survey reports
18. Enforce the instructed methods of surveying as defined in the method statements and procedures are adopted
Technical Competencies required
– Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
– Have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industries.
– Advanced knowledge and experience of Leica Instrumentation ( Viva, Nova, Captivate series, DNA03)
– Control network, Least squares adjustment ( Star*net)
– Drafting software ( Bentley, Autodesk)
– HDS experience ( Field, point clouds processing)
– DMS ( Project Wise )
– MS packages advanced level.
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
Educated to degree or higher level in a surveying, engineering, mining or construction discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a significant level of experience in engineering surveying role can be demonstrated.
Appropriate CSCS card type
* Chartership membership (ICES, RICS)
* Sentinel card
* Confined space training
* LU track awareness training
* SPC (Site person in charge)
To apply please contact Matt Purkis at Anderselite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.