PWS Technical Services (UK) Ltd
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual of senior level possessing a strong technical background and demonstrable working experience within HV and EHV protection and control design.
Our client is a world leading provider of new build, design & build, repair, maintenance and upgrade contracting services across all areas of the power transmission and distribution sector to a wide variety of clients throughout the UK and Worldwide. Our client is very much driven by its people, and will continue to develop and recruit high calibre individuals to support its active management team and a highly skilled workforce to undertake the specification and design of multi-faceted, technically complex HV projects (up to 400 kV) to be installed and constructed by their operations and project teams
Due to a number of recent successful contract awards and a considerable future growth plan, our client is looking to strengthen its design team. The purpose of this role will be to provide project leadership as Project Design Lead (PDL) for design delivery of one or more electrical substation projects from tendering to handover. You will perform and lead the design delivery for electrical substation projects up to 400kV with the assistance of the Design Engineers. You will also provide guidance, mentoring and advice to other members of the team.
· Ensure that allocated projects meet or exceed the requirements of safety by design, quality, programme and budget
· Deliver and lead Protection & Control Systems design for substations up to 400kV
· Enact CDAE role and deliver associated responsibilities in line with NG TP188, and other applicable regulations, codes, documents and standards
· Orchestrate Customer Witness Tests for Protection & Control Systems
· Represent the department at project start-up, scheme review, progress, close-out, liaison and other meetings
· Responsible for maintaining internal and external interfaces during all stages of projects
· On receipt of confirmation of contract award, undertake a review of the estimate and any additional post tender requirements
· Prepare Design Projects status via a project-specific Project Status Report (PSR) as per department procedures
· Should any changes in scope be requested by the client, raise EWN’s / DES06 that quantifies the associated impact and costs
· Flag deviations, seek and agree mitigation
· Conduct weekly reviews of TQ’s / EWN’s, and monitor then escalate as necessary
· Relevant, demonstrable industry experience is essential
· Degree, tertiary qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline is desirable
· Have a detailed understanding of how substations are constructed, operated, maintained and decommissioned
· Have a detailed understating of substation plant, specifically protection and control elements
· Have an understanding of the design and construction methodologies for substations up to 400kV
· Demonstrable protection and control design experience with regard to DNO and TNO networks operating up to 400kV
· Able to demonstrate ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge for changing technological advancements in energy service provisions
· Working knowledge of the appropriate UK legislation and standards
A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression given the company’s stature within the market place, their significant forward order workload and a dedicated commitment to continued, sustainable growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, religion and belief or nationality…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.