Advance Home Help Support Services Limited
Advance Home Help and Support Services Ltd.
Purpose of Role
To provide homecare services to a high standard that support the rights of clients to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the Proprietor/Director and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care.
Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver services to a high standard to clients. Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Duties and specific responsibilities
Manage the safety and quality of the business
– Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures.
– Keep up to date with the law, changes in regulatory requirements, best practice and developments in the field . Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care, and to development of company policy.
– Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control.
– Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business.
– Take overall responsibility for the maintenance of standards and seek continuous improvement, in line with company policy.
– Effectively manage complaints and incidents, and carry out investigations where required.
– Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
Provide a good service to clients
– Promote the rights of each client and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support and ensure that care plans are genuinely person centred.
– Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a client assessment and risk assessment with the client, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the client needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
– Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the client’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks.
– Provide the client, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
– Apply excellent communication skills with clients, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services.
– Keep all information about clients and their families secure and confidential
Lead and manage staff
– Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times.
– Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
– Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance.
– Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent.
Promote the business
– Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the owner achieve this.
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out this role. We will use the essential criteria to select suitable applicants for this post. You should demonstrate, using examples where possible, how you meet the essential criteria.
Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds
and beliefs to your own. Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice.
Commitment to respecting the rights of clients at all times and to promoting their privacy,
dignity and independence throughout their lives
Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed.
Punctual and reliable
Professional, smart appearance
Knowledge and understanding
Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and
the provision of homecare services in line with best practice.
Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support
and non-discriminatory care practice.
Good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law
relating to domiciliary care services.
Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to clients, staff and the
Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and risk
Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures.
Experience and skills
Excellent communication skills. Experience of building positive working relationships with
people who use services and their families, staff and other health and social care
Ability to support clients with all aspects of their daily living in a manner that respects their
dignity, is non-judgmental and promotes their independence, choice, dignity and privacy.
Experience of care services, risk assessment and person centred care and support.
Ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so clients receive the services they
Good administrative skills and computer literacy.
Experience of managing and developing an effective staff team including recruitment,
training, supporting and supervising staff
Ability to maintain clear written and electronic records and to follow statutory reporting procedures.
Experience of financial management.
Ability to develop and implement company policy and procedures.
Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date.
Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.