Sunderland, Tyne And Wear
National Home Care Services
As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service ensuring National Home Care Service Ltd’s continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team you will ensure the provision of a high quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
National Home Care Service Ltd is an ambitious, forward thinking Organisation and you must be committed to developing and enhancing the services we provide.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. To maintain a high quality service working in partnership with colleagues to manage services.
2. To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’.
3. To ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual service user through assessment, person centred planning and regular outcome focused reviews of services.
4. To ensure compliance with National Home Care Service Ltd’s Development & Training and Supervision Policies.
1. To ensure the delivery of person centred care/support services that promote independence, choice and dignity to empower people to live as independently as possible.
2. To ensure care/support services are structured in a way that provides flexibility, reliability and continuity.
3. To ensure services are accessible.
4. To ensure the development of robust systems and procedures.
5. To ensure the service is appropriately resourced with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
6. To ensure that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with contractual and organisational timescales.
7. To oversee the co-ordination of care workers across all areas.
8. To deliver services that ensure the Organisation’s duty of care to the service user and staff providing the service.
9. To ensure good communication and links with all stakeholders with regard to the provision of services including commissioners, service users, relatives, social work teams etc.
10. To ensure the office is resourced during office hours and ensure the provision of an effective out of hours on-call service.
1. In partnership with the senior management team participate in the strategic development of the organisation and assist with the identification and development of strategies for the planning and delivery of quality, innovative domiciliary services.
2. To grow and develop services through increasing delivered hours and maximising referral opportunities.
3. To identify marketing opportunities and develop a marketing plan.
4. To manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
5. To produce monthly management reports and attend Senior Management Team and Board Meetings.
Team Management and Leadership
1. To manage a large staff team both involved in the management and direct provision of the service.
2. To ensure that there is a co-ordinates and consistent approach to service provision that is cost effective and efficient making the best use of allocated resources.
3. To identify recruitment needs and develop plans to ensure the service is appropriately resourced with capacity for growth.
4. To be routinely involved in a range of human resources/staff management duties including:
• Workforce Planning to agreed KPIs • Recruitment and selection • Training • Supervision, Appraisal • Disciplinary/Capability procedures • Absence Management
5. To ensure that processes and procedures are in place to meet the various organisational and staff requirements with regard to human resources issues.
6. To ensure that staff are trained for their roles and responsibilities and that all groups of staff within the team have access to appropriate training and learning opportunities.
7. To establish and maintain effective two way communication to ensure that all staff are aware of and can contribute to operational and strategic developments e.g. staff forums, staff newsletter.
8. To arrange and attend regular service planning meetings with service delivery teams.
9. To put in place systems to ensure healthy working practices and that staff receive relevant information to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
10. To ensure that all staff are familiar with and work in line with National Home Care Service Ltd’s policies and procedures.
11. To offer advice, support and guidance to staff at all levels.
1. To implement and maintain an effective quality assurance programme to promote high quality, best practice and continuous improvement of services in line with National Home Care Service Ltd’s Quality Assurance Policies.
2. To deliver services effectively and efficiently and have clear monitoring procedures and processes in place to ensure standards are continually met.
3. To ensure good and safe practice in all activities relating to service user care by putting systems in place to guide, monitor and evaluate care and services provided.
4. To resolve all complaints in accordance with National Home Care Service Ltd’s Complaints & Compliments Policy.
5. To evaluate services through regular review, annual service user questionnaires, analysis of complaints & compliments etc.
6. To implement National Home Care Service Ltd’s Care Governance Framework to continuously improve services, care and support.
1. To proactively manage delegated budgets ensuring efficient use of resources.
2. To develop operational controls in partnership with the senior management team to ensure a commitment to cost effectiveness and value for money…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.