Rockfield Specialist Recruitment
Based – Middlesbrough
To £35,000 + bonus, company car and benefits
Our client, a well-established, fast growing and innovative manufacturer and distributor of environmental/water pumping solutions. The business services a variety of industries across the UK and internationally, with an extensive range of products that are continually developing and evolving. This evolution keeps them at the forefront of their industry, reacting to ever more demanding requirements of their customers and constantly striving for more efficient, quieter and generally more environmentally friendly solutions. They supply product via both rental and sales, with their p lant hire business is positioned No. 1 in the UK.
About the Role
As the leading provider within the Pump and Plant industry and one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries, they’re committed to sustaining and advancing their high levels of Health and Safety.
To support their SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality) function which forms part of their wider central services, our client is looking for a proven Quality Officer to join the team in Middlesbrough.
The role is to lead in a project to review and refresh all relevant processes and procedures, modernising and ensuing that they are fit for purpose for this ever growing and changing business. You will not only create the new model but will be responsible, using your advanced communication and persuasion skills, and supported by your colleagues in the field, for ensuing its adoption within the business. The role is permanent and the need for review & change, will be ongoing.
· Support the Head of SHEQ and the business in achieving the Group Mission Statement and the Core Values by:
· Defining processes and producing quality policies and procedures in line with their undertakings.
· Creating, reviewing and amending internal processes as appropriate to maintain compliance with standards and best practice, continually driving improvement throughout.
· Develop monitoring controls to effectively capture usable data.
· Analyse data and produce reports showing areas requiring improvement.
· Monitoring the performance of suppliers and sub-contractors, and ensuring records are available for approved suppliers.
· Developing and presenting training programmes for staff in the Quality Systems to ensure their knowledge and understanding of the requirements and processes and the impact of breaching the standards.
· Ensuring the Quality Management System is updated regularly and maintained.
· Maintaining knowledge of developments and changes in all QA and related matters.
· Networking with external bodies to ensure knowledge of changes and developments with legislation and standards and make recommendations to SHEQ Project Manager on actions required.
· Liaising with local Manager regarding Customer feedback, and any supplier problems are managed in accordance with procedures and standards.
· Reviewing the Quality related Operating Systems and Procedures and ensure that changes are initiated and approved in accordance with the document control system.
· Supporting and advising the Head of SHEQ and Senior Managers to ensure compliance with customers’ requirements and regulations.
· Investigating any incident as required to enable the business to provide the necessary information to the relevant authorities and external bodies as required.
· Conducting periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance with external standards and internal procedures are followed.
· Undertaking the internal investigation of compliance issues ensuring all actions are followed up and completed in appropriate timescales.
· Analysing non-conformances and producing reports, statistics and recommendations as appropriate.
You should, ideally have a good working knowledge and operational experience in the following:
· ISO 900:2015
· Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
· Effective interpersonal skills and relationship building;
· A background in Manufacturing /Construction, Utilities, Pump / Plant Rental or general Engineering
· Experience in manufacturing processes
· Operational experience of Health & Safety legislation and best practice;
· Experience in training design and delivery;
· Member of IQA, IRCA, IOSH
This is an exciting role in which you can add real value – if you’re motivated by change and striving for best practice, this could be the role for you. They are a stable, fast growing business and will undoubtedly offer you ongoing opportunity for you to continue your professional development.
The salary is competitive and reviewed annually. The bonus is generous and has been paid, in full, for each of the last 5 years. Great working environment, delivering an environmentally advantageous product and a dynamic and growing business.
If you’re interested in the role and in hearing more about it, please send through your CV by way of application. Strict social distancing will be adhered to throughout your interview process…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.