Ardmore are looking for new Project Quantity Surveyors to take the commercial lead on a project and be responsible for the day to day management of all commercial activities in the construction process. It is the responsibility of the Project Quantity Surveyors ensure that in the first instance the project commercial team carries out the various commercial processes in conformity with company procedures as laid down from time to time.
Specifically, the position accepts responsibility for a project and in the first instance overseeing and delivery of the project commercial targets whilst ensuring that at all times the project commercial team employs best practice so that:
· The company Health and Safety policy is complied with and promoted;
· The project commercial team is properly supervised and supported.
· Project commercial tasks and targets including the maximization of profit and budgetary control are delivered.
· In the first instance company procedures and protocols are complied with by the project commercial team.
· The procurement of Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Supply packages are as far as possible within pre-agreed budgetary constraints;
· Work package tender returns are properly analysed, and pre-start meetings attended and detailed Order placement recommendations are submitted to the Senior and/or Managing Quantity Surveyor;
· Orders are placed with Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers in accordance with company procedures and contractual arrangements;
· Interim and final account applications from Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers are received and payments made in accordance with current legislation and company protocols;
· Subject to any approval requirements by the Senior and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor interim and final account applications for payment and retention release are submitted on behalf for the Company;
· Internal cost and value reconciliation reports are prepared for approval by the Senior and/or Managing Quantity Surveyor;
· Changes/variations are submitted and agreed with the Employer on a regular basis;
· Written instructions are received, or confirmation of verbal instructions issued;
· The Value Engineering process is properly managed.
· The Building Contract in the first instance is properly administered and the interests of the company in respect of extension of time and loss and/or expense entitlements protected and maintained;
· Sub-Contractor/Consultant/Supplier claims are in the first instance properly administered
· Subject to approval of the Managing and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor Sub-Contract; Consultant and Suppliers final accounts are properly administered in accordance with the commercial interests of the Company.
· Accurate and appropriate records are maintained;
· Take-offs, measurement, scheduling preparation of bills of quantities are properly carried out;
· Appropriate training and mentoring of the project commercial team takes place.
· Project level correspondence is instigated and responded to properly and in a professional manner.
· Appropriate attendance to project related meetings occurs
· Partial Possession notices are submitted where appropriate;
· Requests for Section and Practical Completion are submitted and records kept in support of application
· Attend design team meetings to ensure compliance with Contract and minimise unnecessary cost.
· Attend meetings reviewing matters such as Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM, planning to ensure Contract and cost is properly managed;
· In the absence of a Senior Quantity Surveyor carry out their role as adequately as possible and inform the Managing Surveyor and/or Head(s) of the Commercial Department of any duties you have difficulty with…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.