DR Newitt Associates
Production Operative / Edinburgh / £18,000-£23,000 basic / FMCG/ Manufacturing
This is a Production operative opportunity, our client is an FMCG/Manufacturing business based in Edinburgh and a leader in its market, showing impressive growth over a number of years. They are a forward thinking business that have gone from strength to strength and have an exciting opportunity to grow their Edinburgh site. They are diverse in their market and have a very steady and varied customer base. They are looking for like minded people wanting to grow themselves and the business and who are driven by success to join them at an exciting time.
About the role
The Production Operative based in Edinburgh; A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Operative to join an expanding team. The purpose of the Production Operative is to ensure to ensure that production is efficient, continuously improving production line/area. Optimising product quality, customer service, cost and Health & Safety. Specific responsibilities include the preparation, packing and assembling of a number of product lines within a well-trained team, where there is open communication at all levels.
This role will involve having strong relationships with the team and help drive the success of the business in what is an important role.
Key responsibilities for this Production Operative;
· Have a clear understanding of what the production plan is and what products need to be run at the start of each shift ensuring that all correct labels and packaging etc. is ready for production.
· Ensure that specification sheets are followed vigorously and production is carried out in line with relevant policies, procedures and hygiene requirements.
· Prepping all machinery with correct materials such as films, labels etc.
· Competently operate machinery and equipment and have a good knowledge of all controls and operating screens.
· Help with line equipment changes as and when required and help with the maintenance and upkeep of the machinery, identifying and rectifying basic faults with certain machinery.
· Ensure materials are effectively used and wastage is kept to a minimum and in line within targeted levels.
· Undertake change overs for new SKU’s ensuring that necessary clean downs are performed and any changes of parts etc. are in place.
· Follow instructions from manager and assist with any relevant needs and responsibilities.
· To be aware at all times of the Company health and safety policy. Ensure all processes are conducted in accordance with Company hygiene requirements and the work area is clean and tidy.
· Highlight any consumable shortages to avoid unnecessary downtime as well as ensuring maximum effective utilisation of machinery and that the machinery is ran at the correct speed levels to again avoid unnecessary down time and increase optimisation.
· To ensure production administration procedures are properly and accurately completed within the requisite timescales that may involve use of SAP.
· Ensure daily production schedule is completed in the most efficient or priority order and react to any changes in the schedule.
· Manual Lifting and moving of goods and containers.
· Experience in a similar Production Operative role within FMCG manufacturing.
· Physically able to manually lift and handle heavy goods up to 25kg.
· Motivated and wanting to develop themselves and d grow alongside the business.
· Desire to improve and undertake further and ongoing training.
· Good understanding of Food Hygiene and relevant Health & Safety awareness.
· Forward thinking individual with the ability to carry out multiple tasks and work well within a team environment.
· Great organisational skills with an eye for detail and accuracy…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.