TQR Consultancy Ltd
Global Market leader specialising in precision products for aerospace, industrial plant and automotive industries now have an opening for a Product Design Engineer to join their team.
Main Duties / description of tasks
You will be working as part of a team supporting the Application Engineers and interfacing with the Manufacturing Engineering function in order to grow the business through new product introduction and customer support. Your primary role will be to develop conceptual designs, generated by the Application engineers in response to customer requirements. By using specialist software to review key characteristics you will then generate detailed designs using SolidWorks before ensuring the efficient and timely realisation using tools such as FMEA and project management techniques.
Working as part of the overall Product Engineering team this role involves direct communication with customers in our global market and, whilst predominantly office based, there is the opportunity for some travel, both domestic and international. After developing a strong knowledge of our products and processes the opportunity exists for the right individual to develop into the customer facing Application Engineering role.
* New Product Introduction:
* Design, develop, detail and maintain new products and associated documentation required to fully define the finished product.
* Liaise across functional areas of the business to optimise designs
* Prepare project plans, tracking and monitoring progress against milestones
* Application review
* Analyse new customer requirements and perform associated calculations under the guidance of the Application Engineers
* Review customer enquiries and requests for information
* Administer and maintain part number allocation in line with company standards
* Review and interchange customer drawings and competitor references & specifications
* Technical assistance both internally and externally to the company such as failure analysis, production issues, 8D’s and FMEA’s
* Prepare technical reports for distribution both internally and externally to the business
* Within the mechanism and function of Product Design proactively identify and act upon opportunities to improve the performance and processes of the function, our business and our customers.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the company to allow effective team working
* Carry out any task or assignment linked to this position as directed by the Product Engineering Manager and Senior members of the team.
Have good interpersonal skills, experience relevant to the role described and excellent communication both written and verbal. A MEng/BEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar subject, accredited by the governing body, ie IMechE
Practical knowledge of 2D/3D CAD methods and international standards for technical drawing creation.
Desirable, but not essential, experience includes knowledge of FMEA methods and project management of multiple small projects, awareness of AS9100 quality management systems, six sigma and fluency in a second language, preferably French/ German.
If you are an experienced Design Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.