Plumber (Gas Safe)
Location: Bloxham, Banbury OX15 4PE
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000, depending on experience
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Typically, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break, however, flexibility is required, as weekend working will sometimes be required by the School to assist with events, open days etc.
Bloxham School is a medium sized, independent co-educational day and boarding school for students aged 11-18. Situated in the beautiful Oxfordshire village of Bloxham, the school is only three miles away from the M40 London to Birmingham motorway. Our students enjoy superb facilities for academic work, sport, technology and the arts on a modern, single-site campus.
Bloxham School is looking to appoint a Plumber to provide support to the Estates Manager in all areas of plumbing works, subject to the successful candidate’s experience and skillset.
Plumber – Role and Responsibility:
• Installation, repair and maintenance of all plumbing systems, equipment and components
• Advise management of all plumbing safety requirements and failures
• Carryout regular testing of gas systems
• Planning and upgrading plumbing systems in a controlled and managed method
• Preparation and updating of all documents for all plumbing systems, equipment and components
• Maintain records for all repairs, installations and testing of plumbing systems and components
• Assisting in repairs and improvements
• Assist other maintenance team members to complete required maintenance works
Health and Safety:
• Assist with the management of the maintenance teams day-to-day work in accordance with appropriate H&S legislation
• Assist the Estates Manager in ensuring appropriate Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) are in place for all works undertaken by the team. Complete the compilation of any missing or outstanding RAMS.
• Report any failings or concerns to the Estates Manager immediately; address any immediate concerns with the team members directly
Coordination and Management:
• Track and follow up all requests to ensure they are completed fully and in a timely manner
• Notify staff of contractor visits and works that are to be undertaken
• Assist in the monitoring of equipment, in liaison with the maintenance staff, stock levels and their usage against school works and projects
• Interact positively and confidently within the school community
• Ensure where necessary that all decisions or problems are communicated back to the Estates Manager in a timely manner
• Maintain good time keeping and work in the most efficient and effective manner possible
• Attend and undertake all training necessary, including refresher training to enable fulfilment of the job description at all times
• Attend external meetings or courses as required
• Obtain and maintain professional qualifications in-line with the role and responsibilities
• Present a smart and professional image at all times
• Complete any other reasonable requests made by the Estates Manager
Plumber – Personal Specification, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have sound maintenance experience specialising in plumbing work required in and around the School.
• Qualified with Gas Safe
• Previous relevant industry plumbing role
• A self-starter and team player with a hands-on approach
• Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
• Motivational team management through strong leadership skills
• Ability to undertake computer based administrative tasks with skill and accuracy
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent organisational skills being methodical and systematic in organising all workloads and individual tasks
• Good initiative, ability to make decisions and understanding of when to refer decisions to the Estates Manager
• Willingness at times to work in challenging conditions and in tight deadlines
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Up to date and relevant knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• Annual salary: £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
• 21 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Holiday allowance increases by 1 day for each completed academic year of service to a maximum of 25 days.
• Enrolment in the School’s defined pension scheme after three months
• School meal available during working hours
• Access at no charge to the School’s sporting, swimming and fitness facilities
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “Apply” now forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Applications will be assessed upon receipt and we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date. Therefore, an early application is strongly advised.
No Agencies Please…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.