Student Loans Co Ltd
People Business Partner
Salary: £44,426 – £47,108 (Internal candidates are subject to the Reward Principles)
G5 – Permanent
We’ll accept applications up to 28th September 2020 and interviews will be scheduled for shortly after
? Do you want to work for an ambitious organisation that prides itself on delivering an outstanding service for its customers? Are you a strong communicator with the ability to build strong, effective relationships across a workforce of more than 3000 employees? Could you play a key role in developing the skills and capability of our workforce, enabling them to fulfil their potential and support our organisational objectives? ?
If this sounds like you, then read on. ?
Whats the job?
The Business Partner – People fulfils an internally-facing role, recognised as a valued member of the directorate senior leadership team.Working across business disciplines at a strategic level to drive the People Strategy and business initiatives.Acting as an instigator of both balance and change, aligning different stakeholders to the overall Corporate Strategy.
· Perform the role of critical friend to the senior leadership, building and maintaining a strong working relationship, providing insight and constructive challenge to influence decision making
· Partner with, coach and educate the senior leadership team on people management practices and employment law issues to drive compliance, improvements and effectiveness in key areas such as employee engagement, talent management, employee relations and organisational change
· Using professional expertise to contribute to strategic business planning activity to ensure business plans align to the People Strategy
· Develop the People team, build competence and support succession planning through coaching and mentoring of colleagues in the team
· Work collaboratively with centres of excellence, subject matter experts and corporate business partners to ensure alignment, consistency and compliance within business areas
· Work in partnership with resourcing and organisational development colleagues to ensure fit for purpose capability and capacity plans are in place
· Provide advice and guidance to the business on complex people and employee relations matters
· Analysis of critical People management information with the senior leadership team, highlighting improvement areas and creating tactical plans to manage and mitigate risk
· Access risk and identify areas of improvement within People processes
· Challenge organisational structure and actively work with senior leaders to design improvements, aligned to the Corporate organisational design principles
· Design and support strategies to source and select talent for senior roles
· Lead change initiatives and manage projects to deliver the People and Corporate Strategies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Educated to Degree level with a Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or equivalent qualification/experience in a large organisation
· Highly specialist knowledge in Employee Relations and in the application of UK Employment Law, including the ability to support complex employee relations casework
· Demonstrable leadership skills qualities in business acumen, political astuteness, commercial awareness, emotional intelligence, and influencing
· Experience of leading and supporting organisational design and development, talent management, succession planning and reward management programmes
· Leading change through people, communication, personal and professional integrity and partnership working
· Excellent analytical skills, able to identify broader trends through analysis and determine appropriate action plans and coordinating resources to meet desired outcomes
· Excellent communication, meeting facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong relationship management skills with the ability to positively influence senior stakeholders
· Experience of leading the delivery of corporate wide change initiatives and projects
· Well organised, able to lead, manage and deliver on multiple tasks, projects and deadlines, utilising a range of direct and indirect resources across disciplines
· Demonstrable experience of coaching to improve performance and build capability
· Experienced in delivering constructive, developmental feedback and having challenging conversations with stakeholders
· Demonstrates learning agility and is committed to continuous professional development activities.
Sound good? If so, please apply and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!….. click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.