Acorn Insurance Financial Services Ltd.
Role: Payroll Manager
Location: Working from home initially, office location will be Formby
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: Depending upon experience.
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are currently recruiting a talented Payroll Manager to join the People Service team and to work within our established Formby office. We are looking for someone who has experience processing high volume Payroll in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience managing and coaching direct reports as well as being able to process end to end. You will have experience of migrating outsourced payroll inhouse.
What you will be doing:
· Managing the payroll team.
· Managing the processing of over 1000+ colleagues on a monthly basis.
· Reviewing, monitoring and improving departmental procedures.
· Completing quality control on work prepared by the team.
· Running management workshops on best Payroll practices.
· Dealing with client queries within a reasonable timeframe and managing client expectations.
· Dealing with HMRC and the pensions regulator with any queries arising.
· Ensuring all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with requirements .
· Coach, mentor, 1-2-1’s and train the team.
What we’re looking for:
· Able to understand bespoke systems and be proficient in all Microsoft office products with a strong proficiency in excel.
· Management Experience.
· Experience of migrating outsource payroll in-house.
· Excellent warm personable manner.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and manage expectations across various levels.
· Working knowledge of SAGE50.
· Line management experience.
· Running in-house payroll.
· Experience of brining outsourced payroll in-house.
About Acorn Insurance;
We have almost 40 years of experience helping people secure competitive car, taxi, van, motor trade and home insurance, across the UK. As a specialist insurance provider, we offer a wide range of competitive insurance policies that can are tailored to our customers unique insurance needs. In 2020 we were in the Sunday Times top 30 Profit Track companies for private companies with fastest growing profits. We have an award-winning Finance Director and a CEO of the year finalist.
Why Acorn Insurance?
Acorn want to give you more than a job, we want to give you a purpose and a career.
See below some of the benefits you will receive;
·Perk Box Online & High Street Vouchers and discounts
·Child Care Vouchers
·Cycle to work Scheme
·Service-related holiday entitlement capped at 24 days.
·Clearly defined progression paths with training and support…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.