Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Natural Resources Wales
Officer 2 (Environment Team)
• Location: St Mellons, Cardiff
• Grade & Salary: G5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over four years
• Post number: 200966
• Type of contract: Permanent
• Work pattern: full time
Closing date: 6th December 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
With more exciting things happening here at NRW than ever before, the diverse nature of our remit means that no two days are ever the same.
If you are an organised, conscientious, hardworking individual, who is passionate about making a difference to the environment, then we’ve got the job for you!
Environment Team activities lie at the heart of delivering the Sustainable Management of our Natural Resources in Wales and tackling the Climate and Nature Emergencies.
As an officer within the Cwm Taf and Bridgend Environment Team you would be responsible for Protected Sites management, direct regulation through the issuing of Wildlife and Countryside Act Section 28 assents and consents, securing effective management through advice, guidance and developing management agreements and partnerships, delivery of NRWs biodiversity remit through provision of internal advice to other teams/functions and direct or partnership delivery of projects to improve the environment.
We are responsible for the management of 36 Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI’s) and 5 Special Areas of Conservation (SAC’s) within Cwm Taf and Bridgend area. We work to manage and restore our protected sites and features towards favourable status. We also lead the notification of new protected sites.
You will be field and office based, you will need to write reports, collect evidence and engage with a variety of stakeholders in the private and public sectors. The ability to communicate well both in writing and verbally is therefore essential for this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional officer who can work at a fast pace, often to tight deadlines and who is able to effectively prioritise their workload to deliver more for the environment. If this sounds like you – apply now!
Qualifications and Skills
• A good working knowledge of environment conservation or biodiversity, with focused experience in one of these distinct areas of the team remit.
• An understanding of how these multi-functional teams can contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources.
• Ensure continuing professional and personal development, expertise and competence through formal and informal learning and certification.
• Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
• The ability to influence, negotiate and gain cooperation of others. Experience of dealing successfully with difficult people / situations is important.
• The ability to use specialised IT systems, such as GIS or NRW customised applications.
• Able to work well as part of a team.
• Hold a current full UK valid licence to drive NRW fleet vehicles (cars and vans).
For more information, please visit our website.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.