Location: Bristol Innovation Centre, BS48 1UL.
Salary: £28 – 34k, DOE + 20 days holiday + other company benefits
Contract: Full time – Monday to Friday
Hours: 35 hours per week
FSC is a family business with 30 years of award-winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
NPD Technologist – Main Responsibilities of the role:
• Driving the development of products from chef handover to launch
• Daily use and upkeep of the new NPD system, ensuring the ingredient/product information is accurate, up-to-date and ensuring consistency across different ingredients and suppliers
• Signing off ingredient/product specs with the supplier
• Ensuring ingredient specs are completed on time in full by our suppliers
• Building relationships with supplier’s technical departments
• Creating manufacturing specifications using the NPD system
• Ensuring NPD processes required are completed on time
• Building relationships with the manufacturers, understanding their capabilities and spending time on site with their development teams to create exciting products in an efficient way, following the products through to the launch and beyond
• Developing new products taking in to account cost, market trends, microbiological hazards, customer profile, ease of processing, travel, packaging and testing.
• Generating/formatting/checking information for product labeling including descriptions and ingredients in accordance with current legislation
• Proof reading of artwork against pack copies ensuring consistency across all cutter guides/product types
• Managing timings and prioritising to meet File to Print (FTP) dates
• Liaising and communicating with the manufacturers, other members of the NPD team, ops team, technical team and account managers throughout the development and launch process
• Attending factory trials and product launches
• Attending product photo shoots and taking photos for product specs where required, ensuring they are fit for purpose
• Assisting in the sourcing new ingredients where appropriate
• General team support and admin
• Reviewing the market and keeping up to date with current food trends and issues
• Performing any other duties and objectives as required from time to time to contribute effectively to the achievement of the business aims and objectives
NPD Technologist – Experience, Skills and Qualifications (academic and work-related)
• BSc Food Science/Technology
• Valid driving licence
• 3+ years’ experience in NPD/process within FMCG, and have experience in several different food manufacturing sites
• Specification management/artwork proofing with an FMCG food company
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, working with a high volume of SKUs
• Knowledge of UK labelling legislation
• A strong interest in food outside of work and awareness of market trends
• Computer literate, particularly EXCEL
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• A self-starter
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Relishes working in a fast-paced environment in a hands-on capacity
• Has a natural can-do attitude
• Shows initiative
• Has ability to learn to use new software quickly
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• If required to drive to suppliers/clients or between offices, a valid UK driving licence is essential
• Ability to multitask
• Competitive £28 – 34k, DOE Salary
• 20 days holiday
• your birthday off
• Health care scheme + other company benefits
We can offer a friendly and dynamic working environment. We are a family business which values a good work-life balance, but also personal development.
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on “APPLY” today and send an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please!….. click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.