Intelligence Analyst / Market Surveillance Officer
Based from any of our regional offices in Warrington, Birmingham or London
Purpose of the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small dynamic team for 12 months. The role is focused on 2 key areas;
– Gathering, analysing and presenting intelligence from varied internal and external data sources to enable strategic planning and direction setting in the market surveillance and wider spectrum enforcement team.
– Investigating and ensuring the compliance of products being sold to UK stakeholders under EU and UK regulatory regimes using Ofcom procedures, including taking enforcement action where appropriate.
– You will act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and provide guidance relating to product compliance.
– Use a suite of tools to effectively record, analyse and present Market Surveillance data for sharing.
Requirements of the Role
You will collate and analyse complex datasets for authenticity and then present the results to enable targeted action of operational resources to priority areas. This will include initiating product campaigns, adoption of new regulatory initiatives and the adaptation of internal processes to counter constantly evolving threats.
You will be instrumental in identifying products that cause harm to the UK spectrum and initiating action to investigate them to meet Ofcom’s statutory duties. The overall aim is to ensure that radio and electrical equipment made available on the market in the UK is safe and compliant. This will include engaging with some of the world’s largest online sellers and manufacturers, smaller UK-based businesses and internal stakeholders.
From time to time, you may represent Ofcom at stakeholder meetings and events including trade fairs and exhibitions and also reinforce national and international co-operation and interagency collaboration with other Government Depts.
You will also work as a member of the spectrum enforcement team and act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and where required work with wider Ofcom investigations.
Skills, knowledge and experience
– You will be very strong on analysis – you will have undertaken an IA role previously, or be able to evidence similar work and outcomes
– You will be an exceptional communicator (oral and written)
– Team player/collaboration
– Working on own initiative
– Full UK driving licence
– Facilities for home working including adequate internet connectivity
Knowledge of working within the criminal justice system and/or within a market surveillance and/or product compliance area would be an advantage, but this is not essential as full training will be given.
1. The role is office based at Ofcom’s offices in Warrington, Birmingham or London.
2. Ofcom operates an agile working policy facilitating colleagues to work from home.
3. Initially, the role requires regular visits to our Birmingham office (this will be less frequent over time).
Desirable Skills / Experience
– Experience of working with EU product directives
– An intimate knowledge of the New Legislative Framework
– Mathematics to at least “A” level standard or equivalent
– Experienced with Microsoft and similar business ICT applications and demonstrable proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– Understanding and experience of the EU product directives and New Legislative Framework
– An experienced and skilled communicator able to express ideas and views clearly, confidently and concisely, both verbally and in writing
– An ability to solve complex problems and identify solutions using existing and innovative methods
Diversity and Inclusion
Ofcom is a forward-thinking, inclusive employer and recognises the value of diversity to truly “make communications work for everyone”. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are among the Times’ Top 50 UK employers for women 2020 and a Race at Work Charter signatory. We partner with a wide range of organisations to ensure that we are guided by best practice on inclusion and diversity: we are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, members of the Business Disability Forum, Business in the Community for age, gender and ethnicity and Carers UK. We have a range of colleague diversity networks to support our colleagues and our organisational diversity and inclusion programme.
We have an agile working model allowing us to have a location-neutral approach to filling our roles. We also support flexible ways of working, wherever possible. Our colleagues are free to move around all our offices, enabling them to work alongside and collaborate with other teams and groups. These initiatives help Ofcom colleagues to work flexibly in way that supports them.
To apply for the role of Intelligence Analyst / Market Surveillance Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role IA, Analyst, Market Surveillance Advisor, Market Surveillance Analyst, or Insight Analyst…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.