Our client are looking for someone to join their superb team immediately as their new HR Advisor in a field-based role across Scotland. You will be working on a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join a great team.
Our client provide safe and secure transportation and custody services for prisoners and young people across the UK, providing a vital public service.
Our client are a professional organisation who take pride in providing the very highest level of care to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing and welfare of those in custody. You will be truly making a difference every day, be part of a great team and will receive ongoing training and development. Theu take pride in their diversity and equality as demonstrated by partnerships with charities MIND, Barnardo’s and Stonewall who influence and help improve our client’s approach and policies.
The HR Advisor role:
You will be responsible for providing a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business
You will apply HR experience and knowledge of policy and procedure, and knowledge of a range of business situations to the deployment of HR change and process. Apply knowledge to a range of problems, situations and issues, provides advice and guidance to line managers relating to policy and procedure. You will apply your extensive HR knowledge and experience to investigate, analyse, challenge and make recommendations to resolve problems, issues and generate solutions relating to deployment, operationalisation and integration of HR initiatives and processes.
Duties as our client’s HR Advisor will involve:
– Manage, lead and contribute to HR projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required.
– Support HRBP’s and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit.
– Use an understand the business and relationship management skills to influence, facilitate and implement change.
– Provide operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs.
– Enable people manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary.
– Investigate and resolve complex 3rd tier generalist type queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling.
– Review business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate.
– Encourage employees and line managers to use correct service channels.
– Encourage People Managers to adopt professional curiosity and use the management tools available to them.
The role will involve liaising with the wider HR Team, HR Services, Trade Unions and internal stakeholders.
What are our client looking for in their HR Advisor?
You will have a degree in HR/Business or equivalent and be CIPD qualified or be able to demonstrate qualification by experience. You will have experience of operating successfully in an industrial environment. Experience of operating within a unionized business is essential along with experience of operating within a customer environment.
You will have a commercial understanding of business issues and an understanding of the business strategy and be able to disseminate this information clearly. A good knowledge of HR policies and practice is required. You will be able to resolve complex people problems and issues. You will be an effective communicator and able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent analytical skills are required. Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships is essential. You will be proficient in the use of computer systems, particularly MS Office. You will be able to develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging HR problems and issues and make judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources.
All roles are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring Enhanced Disclosure Scotland Level Clearance.
Apply now to secure your future and become our client’s HR Advisor!….. click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.