Meachers Global Logistics
HGV Driver – General Haulage
Job Title: HGV Driver (Days and Nights Available)
Responsible to: Transport Manager
Job Purpose & Requirements: To drive a HGV vehicle, delivering goods to customers.
Category C licence is essential.
Current CPC. Essential.
ADR licence preferred but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major Haulage company based in Derby, Meacher’s is one of the leading independent logistics providers of international freight and transport services in the UK. We are currently looking for quality and reliable drivers with a minimum of 6 months Class 1 driving experience.
Your application is important to us and if selected will arrange for you to meet the transport manager at the relevant depot (based on your location) and you will be invited to take an assessment.
Whether you are a relatively new driver or you are a long standing experienced driver, as long as you have the relevant skills and licences all drivers are welcome to apply for these roles.
Excellent communication skills and fluent in English is required as you will be in constant communication with our clients customers and also other members of internal teams, it is essential you have the ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism at all times under any circumstance both internally or externally. You must hold a British driving license, a valid CPC and Digi card and have no more than 6 points on your license with no previous DR or DD endorsements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and
secured to minimise chances of damage.
· Ensure with the Loader that the load is correct against
the customers’ orders and documentation.
· Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customers
property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Traffic Office, and
use disclaimers if necessary.
· Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
· If any errors mark documentation accordingly and consult with Traffic Office
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and avoid getting over involved
in discussion. Contact Traffic Office for assistance if required.
· Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
· Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law and SSOW.
· Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
· Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary
· Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
· Comply with fuel directives from the traffic Department.
· Ensure you comply with the company SSOW.
· Report any accidents immediately and in compliance with the
company’s accident reporting procedure.
· Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and return to the traffic office.
https://meachersglobal…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.