Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: Up to £68,000 depending on skills and experience plus bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by the mantra if it’s not safe, we don’t do it and this is the key objective of our Safety teams. Whether it be our own people, or a focus on our customers and communities, our Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) teams are responsible for ensuring we minimise risk and get everyone safely at the end of the working day.
What is the role?
This is a senior SHE role supporting the Head of SHE Programmes across a wide range of SHE disciplines. You’ll be able to inform, communicate and coordinate on all SHE-related matters on behalf of the group, including:
– Ensuring safe outcomes for our SSE workforce, contractors and the environment
– Ensuring the necessary SHE support, and guidance is provided to enable the Group business units to manage their risks
– Providing expert technical advice on the effective implementation of the SHE Management System and associated approved procedures and guidance including the provision of information, instruction, training and supervision
– Setting and applying the standards on the type and quality of communication to all stakeholders within the SHE Group team and the wider SHE function
– Supporting the development of the Group SHE Management System and providing committed support for the success of the SHE team
– Providing advice, support and guidance to permit SSE project/ teams to be best placed to manage SHE risks
– Determining the degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation
What do I need?
– Graduate qualification in safety, health or environment or related subject (Engineering or Science) and significant relevant work experience
– Extensive experience of working in a high hazard industry, i.e. Construction, Offshore, Petrochemical or Pharmaceutical industry, etc.
– Significant experience drafting clear, unambiguous technical documentation
– Experience working with SHE Management System policies and strategies within an asset intensive engineering environment
– Broad knowledge of SHE regulations in the UK and Ireland
– Experience in project management, having a demonstrable track record on the delivery of projects on time and to quality
The following skills and experience are also desirable:
– Working knowledge of the governance systems and processes for Large Capital Projects
– Registered member of IOSH or equivalent professional body (or desire to work towards)
– Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques including demonstrable experience of the application of ALARP risk assessment in relation to SHE
– Trained and experienced in incident investigation
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We’ll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.