Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
· Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will carry out Grounds Maintenance duties to a high standard, delivering the Exceptional every day.
· To undertake all duties in accordance with our work schedule and ensure all areas are left clean and tidy after work is completed, complying with Health & Safety procedures.
· To ensure all requests and enquires from the customer for grounds maintenance are processed quickly and efficiently.
· To operate all vehicles, machinery and equipment in accordance with Health & Safety procedures.
· You will be required to undertake training as and when required.
· Your main duties will include Grass cutting, hedge cutting, border maintenance, gritting, leaf clearance, litter picking, and clearance as required.
· You will be required to ensure that all sites and external areas are maintained to an exceptional and reputable standard.
· General ground maintenance duties using hand tools and powered horticultural machinery
· Additional duties dependant on client site
· Extra duties may be available during the winter season (gritting, snow clearance and Christmas tree installation)
· Driving company vehicles, ensuring they are kept in full tact and any maintenance issues are reported in a prompt manner.
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
· Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
· Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
· Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
· Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.