H M Revenue & Customs
We have an exciting opportunity to join the fast-paced Financial Accreditation Team (FA Team). You will work with projects across HMRC, building relationships that support project delivery, ensuring IT changes allow HMRC to account for, receive and pay out money in accordance with strategy and Accounting Standards. This role gives an outstanding opportunity to work across HMRC whilst developing key leadership and collaboration skills.
ABOUT CORPORATE FINANCE
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
Our vacancy sits in the Financial Accreditation (FA) Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by ensuring excellent financial management and control throughout the HMRC Change process by accrediting changes to financial systems and processes.
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital!
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Finance or Project working environment or has a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes. As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide opportunities to expand/develop Financial Accounting and Project Management competence. Job description
Our vacancy sits in the FA Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by assuring changes to finance systems and processes comply with internal and external standards, throughout the HMRC Change process, and accrediting changes to financial systems and processes.
You will be part of a team of accreditors who have a wide knowledge of tax and finance accounting systems and processes. You will have the opportunity to influence the financial accreditation process as the team adapts to the pace of HMRC Change and the way we deliver Financial Accreditation. Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide support, advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital, EU Exit and Policy change.
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Project change environment with a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes. As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide you with opportunities to learn, expand or further develop your Accounting, auditing and Project Management knowledge to support you reach your potential.
Working closely with HMRC Change leads and Finance/IT experts you will be responsible for:
• Taking ownership of and leading the accreditation of several complex and high-risk project change initiatives, developing an extensive range of contacts and being involved in a wide variety of subjects, which reach across the whole of HMRC.
• Work managing and coaching staff who may be working in partnership with your delivery of accreditation.
• Working with an expert team of accreditors, to continually build capability that will ensure efficient delivery that meets the future demands of HMRC.
• This role may include HR management responsibilities.
You will do this by:
• Developing an extensive range of contacts and being involved in a wide variety of subjects, which reach across the whole of HMRC.
• Working closely with wider Corporate Finance Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure their requirements are delivered, drawing on their expertise and keeping them informed of progress.
• Building an extensive knowledge and expertise of financial accounting and system requirements enabling you to support the wider business whilst providing input to a number of changes.
• Using and developing your knowledge and skills to provide accounting advice and support to all those involved in accreditation.
• Working with project teams and influencing change managers to embrace strategic solutions that will meet the future demands of the department.
• Attending and participating in change workshops/meetings, to understand impact of change and provide support and advice on the needs of finance and our strategic aims (travel will be required).
• Inputting financial requirements and influencing design.
• Responsibility for drafting process maps, Business Readiness, producing auditable information and Testing preparation and collecting evidence for Go Live.
• Responsible for providing written project updates and summaries of documents to support seniors on Project Boards or when senior decisions are needed.
• Retaining accountability for your own work and the work you may delegate to staff who may be supporting you.
Important: The role requires frequent travel including overnight stays, sometimes at short notice.
• Highly motivated and self-driven with excellent influencing and organisational skills.
• Able to demonstrate either finance, project management, audit or assurance skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
• Strong leadership, communication and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to analyse information, summarise and use judgement on recommendations.
Although the following is desirable there will be on the job learning and development, and therefore not essential:
Good knowledge of accounting or project management principles, including desirable qualifications as follows:
• Fully/part qualified accountant (CAAB or equivalent).
• Fully/part qualified Association of Accounting Technician (AAT).
• Audit qualification(s).
• Project Management qualification(s) Applications
For further information and to apply, please see following link…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.