The Hinkley Point C Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe. During the business construction phase over 5,600 people will work on the site. The project marks the rebirth of the UK’s nuclear industry and will present invaluable opportunities for Somerset, the South West and wider UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the largest and most significant construction and infrastructure projects in Europe.
The Field Engineer is responsible for the surveillance of quality compliance within the designated section of the Works in accordance with NNB surveillance strategy requirements.
The Field Engineer will report to the Construction Superintendent for day to day guidance. The Field Engineer will input into site wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site wide team will be required. In addition to reporting and liaising responsibilities, the Field Engineer will be required to adhere to (and suggest enhancements and improvements to) company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, health & safety and other functions.
The Field Engineer will be required to;
* Check the Works are constructed in accordance with the contract and notify the Construction Superintendent of non-conformance request requirements
* Submit details of any non-conformance request requirements to assist in the issuing of non-conformance reports
* Proactively communicate with other site teams, maintain good communication links and ensure surveillance is timely reported
* Contribute surveillance information to support KPI indicators
* Endeavour to identify potential Quality issues before they arrive to enable mitigating actions
* Support team instructions to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and within Quality standards. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to prevent the halt of works
* Ensure design decisions are not taken “in the field” by EDF Energy or contractors, but are considered and approved via a formal process
* Enhance the team with a good perspective of current and future site activities
* Ensure tasks are developed to quality in accordance with the company’s requirement for health, safety and environment
* Develop and maintain an understanding of construction drawings, construction activities, Quality Control Plans and Quality Inspection Records
* Ensure and monitor that Quality Inspection Records are taken and agreed before Works are covered up
* Review Contractor performance against the authorised Quality Control Plan
Qualifications RequiredKnowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Broad knowledge and wide understanding of the building industry, materials, trades methods and legal requirements
* Excellent organisation, delegation and communication skills. Ability to work within a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives
* Proven experience of writing diaries which are accurate, concise and with relevance to the particular form of contract
* Proven track record of working within a large construction team
* A minimum of HND in a Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering qualification or equivalent vocational training and experience
* Good attention to detail when checking work and materials
* Able to establish appropriate working relationships with the contractors
* Persuasive and diplomatic whilst remaining independent
* Experience in the installation and erection of large Civil Works and Mechanical or Electrical plant
* General understanding of the post obligations under CDM Regulations – along with an understanding of the document and drawing approvals processes
* Strong communication skills in English is required, and knowledge of French can be an advantage
* Experience in the use of electronic hand-held devices to capture information
BenefitsPAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave).
Rates commensurate with experience.
Multiple roles available.
The Field Engineer will be a staunch advocate of our Nuclear Safety Culture and help to embed this approach in all processes and activities undertaken on the Project. The scope will cover all Works associated with the construction of the designated section of the Project and the post holder will perform surveillance on activities of the Works Contractors. This will include continuous, notified and planned surveillance.Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.