A Nursery in Forest Gate is looking for an experienced manager to start ASAP.
This is a FULL TIME permanent vacancy and you will be required to work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday however as you are manager there may be some days you will need to work extra hours
The idea applicant will be a dynamic experienced Nursery Manager with a long-term in one position proven track record of excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide professional leadership and management of a nursery, delivering the highest standards of care and education for each & every child who join our nursery.
The successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate an outstanding working knowledge of the standards required by Ofsted as well as being able to ‘positively role model’ best practice and deliver the highest possible standard of quality childcare.
In return the position offers a generous package of up to 28 days holiday, company pension, reduced childcare costs, fantastic training and development opportunities, job satisfaction and much more!
* To lead the implementation of the EYFS with Special emphasis on the ‘Outdoor Curriculum’, including overseeing planning and record keeping.
* Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members to be able to market and generate new prospective parents.
* Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
* Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
* Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
* Facilitate Ofsted inspections and to implement any recommendations.
* Promote the nursery to current and potential customers.
* Supply accurate monitoring information including occupancy overviews and competitor analysis.
* Maintain accurate accounts for the nursery and produce management information in accordance with company procedures.
* Manage the recruitment and induction procedure for all new staff
* Maintain accurate staff records including a list of relief staff.
* Hold Regular supervisions and appraisals.
* Identify training needs, develop a training plan and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
* Undertake or assist in disciplinary and grievance investigations and meetings with regard to staff.
* Lead the preparation and delivery of regular staff meetings, planning meetings and parents meetings and other events.
* User the computer effectively for storing information using the nursery software system.
* Support and mentor all of our staff in carrying out their roles and responsibilities to their best abilities..
* Minimum level 3 qualification in childcare, learning and education, ideally level 4 or Early Years Degree
* Minimum 2 years Nursery Managerial experience
* Excellent communication skills both written & spoken
* Excellent knowledge on the EYFS, Ofsted Requirements, safeguarding and first aid
* 2 checkable references
Salary £24,000-£25,000 (negotiable depending on qualification and experience)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.