We have an opportunity for an English Tutor to join our team based in Leicester. Working on a full time basis as part of maternity cover in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 – £28,000 per annum + a range of fantastic benefits.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our English Tutor you will:
– Deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
– Compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications (where applicable)
– Deliver English and/or maths qualifications – Functional Skills & GCSEs
– Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
– Safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
– JFit – this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part.
– Health Shields – Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions.
– EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health.
– Critical Illness Cover.
– Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
– Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme.
Key responsibilities as our English Tutor will include:
– To deliver engaging, effective and innovative training sessions to students
– To ensure that students work-skills are developed
– To engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the l- earning experience
– Plan and facilitate enterprise projects
– Deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications
– Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC (where applicable)
– Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities Assessment
– Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
– Assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams
– Assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and (where applicable)
– Conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures
– Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate
Skills and abilities, we’re looking for in our English Tutor:
– Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
– Ability to deliver effective training sessions to groups
– Excellent communicator
– Ability to persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
– Ability to build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Ability to work to targets & deadlines
– Highly motivated
– Innovative & solution focused
– Ability to remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
– Excellent organisation skills
– Competent in use of IT
– To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
If you would like to join our team as our new English Tutor then please click ‘apply‘ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!….. click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.