Engineering Environmental Manager, Derby – Flexible
Full Time OR Part Time (3/4 days) will also be considered
Porterbrook Leasing Company specialises in the leasing of all types of railway rolling stock and associated equipment.Based in Derby with a corporate Head Office in London, the organisation is undertaking a period of transformational change as it responds to the changing landscape in rail.The engineering function is seeking the most talented commercial and technical resources in the industry to join its team, to enable the business to be fit for the future.
This is a newly created role within the engineering function in order to deliver advice on the sustainability of projects. The Engineering Environmental Manager will be an expert within the field of emissions and decarbonisation and issue advice order to support Porterbrook’s business strategy.
· Provide specialist advice in environmental areas including: decarbonisation, emissions reductions and materials usage.
· Support concept decision around traction power sources for example batteries, hydrogen and hybrid options.
· Work with engineers and managers leading projects in the Innovation and Projects team, to ensure environmental aspects are considered appropriately by creating solutions which maximise sustainability, commercial and technical outcomes
· Support the fleet services team with advice and guidance on how to take opportunities to improve the environmental performance of the fleet.
· Design the frameworks and provide analytical data to supports the measurement of the environmental performance of our assets particularly those which have undergone modifications to reduce their negative environmental impact
· Provide input to ESG Strategy including by being aware of emerging issues, standards and legislation changes.
· Lead and deliver packages of work outlined in the ESG strategy including:Emissions framework, review against best practice, recyclability of materials, carbon strategy.
· Champion technical environmental issues in the Engineering Services team, including provision of information and internal training and awareness.
· Support the provision of evidence for the GRESB annual submission and other benchmarking systems where relevant
Skills / Experience:
· Excellent knowledge of sustainability and environmental management
· Specialist knowledge of the full range of environmental issues affecting the life cycle of fleets
· Knowledge of current innovation opportunities in relation to traction power supply options and material use
· Ability to plan and deliver activities to deliver business objectives, either working alone or as part of a multi-functional team
· Able to work at both the detail technical level to deliver specific advice or projects, whilst also able to influence and set strategy.
· Able to translate environmental benefits and impacts into business cases Able to write grant applications.
· Able to write grant applications.
· Educated to degree level in an engineering or technical field.
· Additional qualification/s in environment and sustainability
· Able to carry out research
We are seeking the very best talent to join the team, and offer an excellent salary, along with bonus and benefits.This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering note with full details of why you would be a great addition to the Porterbrook team, along with details of your current salary and notice period to our retained consultant Emma Black at Rainbow HR
Porterbrook is a disability confident employer…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.