Trant Engineering Ltd
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join our dedicated design studio at our Head Office in Southampton. The role is working as part of a friendly but professional multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design management of a variety of different projects including water and wastewater treatment plants. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, individuals will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design, including:
· Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
· Site surveys of existing assets
· Optioneering and feasibility studies
· Assisting with tender pricing
· Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
· Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
· Review of vendors controls system Functional design Specifications for compliance with our requirements.
· Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
· Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
· Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
· Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
· Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
· Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
· Estimation of material and labour costs
· Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
· Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
· Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
· Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
· Liaise with clients and subcontractors
· An appropriate electrical qualification or by experience
· Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· A competitive salary
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
· Free onsite parking
· Christmas shutdown
· Company Pension Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.