Trant Engineering Ltd
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
The Electrical Design Engineer will work on a contract basis for 6 months, based at our Head Office in Southampton, working as part of the International Team on electrical design for a £55m diesel-fuelled power station in the Falkland Islands. Responsible for the design management of Power generation, water, boiler and plant rooms.
· Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
· Site surveys of existing assets when required
· Optioneering and feasibility studies
· Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
· Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
· Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
· Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
· Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
· Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
· Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
· Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
· Estimation of material and labour costs
· Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
· Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
· Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
· Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
· Liaise with clients and subcontractors
· An appropriate electrical qualification is required
· Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
· A background of system automation, Power generation, plant rooms, BMS and PMS systems
Equal Opportunities & Diversity:
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.