CADENT GAS LIMITED
Cadent was established in 2017, a new company, with a 200 year legacy in the gas industry, following the sale of the gas distribution arm of National Grid. We are focused on what we do best – keeping the energy flowing for our customers. We want to ensure you understand that by applying for this role, you will be applying to join a bright future with Cadent.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Design Analyst and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
Reporting to Design Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of design & planning activities associated with the strategic network planning, mains replacement programmes, connections & reinforcement, mains diversions & governors. Ensuring that all works are performed in accordance with safety, technical and legislative policies and procedures.
• Identify, analyse and design work for replacement, connections, reinforcement, diversions, Multiple Occupancy Building & governor workloads
• Carry out network analysis to determine operating windows/gapping of replacement mains & support emergency analysis requests /7 via the out of hours standby rota
• Use local authority data to build, maintain and validate network analysis models to ensure investment and operating decisions are accurate & forward thinking
• Liaise with repair for pressure post / LPP installs
• Ensure the Network has the physical capacity to safely deliver gas to meet our obligations and customer needs at 1 in 20 demand for each upcoming winter & under emergency conditions
• Prepare and monitor project amendments and design amendments and produce reports for the Local Responsible Manager the showing non-compliance and trends.
• Supporting the prepare the 5 year RIIO GD2 strategic plans
• Create project schemes in the ESRI designs tool for projects and packages of work.
• Prepare project files, including drawings & costings, for Capex & Repex work & gain approval
• Maintain audit trail within MRP to ensure compliance with T/PR/REP2.
• Undertake site surveys, as necessary, to confirm project details, e.g. loads, site conditions, routes and MRPS scores.
• Liaise with the Construction Management Organisation (CMO) for CAPEX & REPEX related work.
• Liaise closely with Operate and Maintain. Determine & provide seasonal governor settings.
• Experience in network design
• A good understanding of the RIIO GD2 regulatory framework
• Confident ability to discuss technical and commercial issues with all key stakeholders
• Understanding of commercial requirements associated with network design
• Have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated
• Able to demonstrate good communication skills at all levels
• Conversant in legislation, policy and procedures associated with the design process such as the Pipeline Safety Regulations, to include MSL/1 Rep1, Rep2, NP10, NP14, NP18 and NP37, IGE/TD13
• Experience in the use of network modelling and risk management tools such as MRPS, GBNA, MRP and GDFO
• Conversant in the requirements of CDM and how this translates to the management of risk through design
• High level communication and influencing skills
• Mechanical practical experience
• ONC in an Engineering Discipline
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities we serve in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.