Daily Locums Ltd
Are you an experienced Deputy Manager who has worked with EBD children or within the care sector? Do you wnat to make a difference to children’s lives? Do you want to be apart of a rewarding company? Is your passion in care? If you answered yes, then this may be the right job for you.
Daily Locums are recruiting for a Deputy Manager to work in our new provision EBD Children’s Home in Thorney alongside the Registered Manager. The children and young people we care for have Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
To assist the Manager in the effective and efficient management of the home.
To work within and ensure effective delivery of the Main Responsibilities and Duties identified within the role of Deputy Manager.
Please note that this position involves shift work based on a rota system, including weekends and sleep-ins as well as on-call duties.
Supporting the Registered Manager in the day to day running and management of the home and staff team.
Ensuring that staff understand and are fully aware of the daily routines of the home.
Ensure that all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in relation to Children’s Regulations.
Ensure that all staff are made aware of the variety of intervention strategies to work with children and young people in our care.
Ensure that the standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld and the standing of the Company is maintained.
Working alongside the Registered Manager, to ensure smooth running of the home and ensure it adheres to current legislation.
Creating, reviewing and maintaining care and behaviour management plans.
Participating in health and safety and risk assessments, ensuring all are kept up to date.
Ensuring all staff members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and maintain effective communications with the Registered Manager.
To contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care of the children, to promote their welfare whilst working in partnership with their family and other professionals.
To take total responsibility for the home in the absence of the Manager.
To provide experience and expertise in working with children and families referred to the home and to assist the home manager in the management and development of a staff team.
Ensure that children’s reviews and meeting are delivered within the required time scales.
Chair, or participate in meetings and reviews, as and when required.
Take the lead in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children can complain and that they are listened to.
Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Undertake and participate in any training programmes which are relevant to their employment.
Deputise in the absence of the manager and cover for team leaders where necessary.
Where required, act as a nominated office for a variety of certification purposes, e.g. Fire, First Aid, Health and Safety and Training.
Ensure that all administrative requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practice, homes procedures, Company policies and Children’s Regulations.
On occasion you may be required to use your own vehicle.For which, business insurance will be required.
Mileage will be paid for use of own vehicle.
1. Develop and sustain effective working relationships between workers and the local community, colleagues and other agencies to promote collaborative work and partnerships.
2. Assist the Registered Manager in the development of the team and individuals to enhance their performance by assisting with the provision of supervision, support, NVA assessment, training and appraisal where required.
3. Contribute to the effective and efficient use of the physical and financial resources.
4. Contribute to the effective management of information which promotes communication between people, the organisation and others and which assists with making informed decisions.To receive, transmit, store and retrieve information in line with good practice and organisational policy and procedure.
5. Contribute to improvements at work, including the planning, co-ordination and implementation of specific projects and the development of policies, procedures and implementation of quality assurance systems.
6. Establish, sustain, engage and be able to disengage from relationships with service users and their families.
7. Contribute to the effective physical, social and emotional environment for group care which provides a safe, nurturing and stimulation environment in which children and their families can be offered the support, care and guidance they need.
8. To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
5…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.