Lucy Group Ltd
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Business Area: Lucy Electric
The Company is developing a unified and efficient system of contracts management in every region of the world in which it operates. Contracts management is the process of systematically and efficiently managing both pre and post contractual matters for the purpose of maximizing the Company’s financial and operational performance and minimizing risk. As part of that process, the Company wishes to recruit experienced contracts managers in each of the principal locations in which it operates, currently the UK, Dubai, India and Thailand. This job description relates to the proposed appointment of an experienced contracts manager for its principal operating office in the UK.
The role holder will have not less than 10 years’ demonstrable experience in reviewing, negotiating, and managing operational contracts (be that large-scale high worth contracts or a portfolio of contracts). A strong technical understanding of commercial and contract management, with keen attention to detail and good analytical skills, is required. Excellent written skills and an ability to communicate information and influence key stakeholders at all levels (internal and external to the company) is a must.
The role holder will report into the General Manager with matrix reporting into the Commercial Contracts Director. The role holder will be a member of the contract risk support team and will play an important role also in implementing the Group’s governance framework as well as supporting the whole of Lucy Electric with the review of more complex high value contracts in all Lucy Electric’s locations, as and when required.
These will include:
– Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure timely communication of relevant contract information as required.
– Provide regular reports and updates to the Commercial Contracts Director regarding the status of all pending and current contract reviews and negotiations.
– As a member of the contract risk team, lead on all contract reviews, negotiations, and implementation of contract variations, with a focus always on minimizing contract and business risk.
– Refer all matters that may have an impact on contract or business risk from a financial, tax, accounting or legal standpoint to the Company’s corporate finance and legal teams for guidance and support.
– Ensure that all internal contract review and approval procedures are followed in line with legislation and the Company’s internal policies (TAF approval process and guidance);
– Ensure that all contract documentation and related communications remain accessible to and auditable by the Company’s internal and external auditors.
– Ensure that all key contract documentation following signature is stored securely in the Company’s central contracts repository.
– Identify and refer any potential issues and disputes with contractual counter-parties to the corporate legal team for guidance.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
* Extensive commercial contracts management experience in a technical/similar industry.
* Experience of providing commercial support and guidance to exports to overseas countries.
* Extensive international contract law knowledge and experience.
* Experience of managing and implementing processes, projects and change initiatives.
* Experience of negotiating large scale contracts within a complex and regulated environment
* Experience of strategic procurement and delivery
* Experience of dealing with complex demand challenges in a complex operational environment
* Experience working and effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority
* Experience of managing and collaborating in a diverse workforce including non-direct reports
* Writing submissions and briefings
* Strong work orientation, taking ownership to deliver on time every time.
* Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication; clear oral and written skills; effective questioning and active listening and presentation skills.
* Uses knowledge, communication, and relationship skills to positively influence key business decisions.
* Forms effective relationships with key stakeholders across the matrix.
* Assertive, tenacious, and willing to challenge when required.
* Proactive, takes the initiative and effectively deals with resistance.
* Ability to sell ideas, flexing approach for different audiences.
* Strong team orientation, working effectively in virtual international teams.
* Experience of and the ability to work within matrix management
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.