Kedleston Group Ltd
Clinical Psychologist – Children’s Residential School
Full Time or Part Time considered (please state your preference in your application)
The Kedleston Group is seeking to appoint a qualified Clinical Psychologist, at our High Peak School in Disley, with significant experience working with young people who are Looked After and ideally with additional experience of working within a residential specialist school and/or in-patient CAMHS setting.
High Peak School is registered as an independent specialist SEMH / ASC provision, young people from 7 to 17 years of age attend on both a day and residential basis, the children in or school may also come because they have ADHD, or other moderate learning difficulties and communication and sensory difficulties.
This is a key role working within a small experienced, highly motivated and passionate clinical team. The successful applicant will work directly on a 1:1 and group basis with the young people as well as take a key part in the training, development and support of the care and education teams.
Main Roles and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
* To provide specialist clinical psychological services to young people that are driven by psychological formulation and incorporates complex data from a range of sources.
* To lead on developing a psychological formulation for each young person to guide further assessment, and prioritise intervention needs from the wider clinical team.
* To evaluate and make decisions about different psychological interventions based upon the psychological formulations, current evidence base and risk management.
* To provide regular therapeutic consultation and guidance to the clinical team, care and education staff membersTo liaise with the care and education team and outside agencies/professionals in order to provide co-ordinated psychological care for our young people
* To attend clinical supervision provided by the Consultant Clinical Psychologist, in line with HCPC and BPS guidance on clinical supervision
* To provide teaching and training to care and education staff members around attachment and mental health issues.
Person Specification (Essential)
* Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management
* Highly developed skills in communicating effectively, both verbally and in written form, highly complex, technical and sensitive information to young people, their families, carers, education staff, and other agency professionals.
* Doctoral level knowledge of research and audit.
* Doctorate or equivalent level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology
* Registration with the HCPC
* Experience of working with children, young people and their families
As an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England, the Kedleston Group recognises the need for extensive mental health support to our group of complex young people and therefore have developed and invested in a clinical model that can respond to this need. In particular, we value the need for psychologically driven practice and strive to achieve a shared psychological understanding of the children in our care across the system. We see the clinical psychologist as pivotal in achieving this aspiration.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.