Role details – £18- £20k pa- 40 hours per week – Mixture of shifts 7:00 am – 3:30 pm & 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm – Sleep ins required
We are currently looking for a Childcare Support Worker to work at a specialist school and residential home for young adults and children who have complex needs based in Hove.
This care groups aim is to enable young people and children to be more integrated individual and live independently.
– Working at all times in the best interests of the children and young people in our care and ensuring their basic and essential care and learning needs are met.
– Supporting at all times colleagues and the Senior Management Team and Directors in carrying out their duties and responsibilities in providing high standards of care and education to the children.
– Informing Managers of all concerns and issues requiring further attention and acting on these where appropriate or where directed to do so.
– Ensuring positive links are maintained and improved
– Comply with current legislation, regulation, and guidance relating to safeguarding and to the provision of care and education for children in residential children’s homes and special schools.
– At all times, liaise in a professional manner and promote effective working relationships & positive links with clients, colleagues, and agencies working for and associated with school and the wider Community.
– Undertake delegated tasks and instructions from Line Managers and others with relevant authority, to a level of competence expected from the grade of the post.
– Attend meetings and all other relevant forums and gatherings and participate and fully engage in the formal process of supervision and performance reviews as appropriate and necessary.
– Engage in the process of informal resolution of problems and difficulties that may arise, always in the aim of maintaining a harmonious and collaborative working environment.
– Adopt a flexible approach to working times including a shift roster which includes weekend and evening work and undertaking sleep-in duties when required in line with the particular demands of the homes and the School and the Organisation, including assisting in times of staff shortages and increased workload and demand and in emergency or ‘unplanned’ situations.
– Carry out other tasks and duties and responsibilities as required and in accordance with the competence of the position.
Support Worker Benefits:
· Special bank-holiday bonus
· Transition to Therapeutic Carer position and salary scale
· Regular salary progression currently up to £22,344.00 [£10.74 per hour].
· Full Orientation & Induction programme provided.
· Extensive training offered.
· Funded NVQ Level 3 in Childcare Residential
The ideal candidate
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.