BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines.BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in ‘advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27-acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
BD is currently recruiting a Chemistry Laboratory QualityLeader to le ad the Chemistry Technicians and prioritise work to the production schedule ensuring confirmation testing and SAP transactions are timely for both purchased chemicals and additives produced on site. You will organise or lead training of the Chemistry Technicians to drive associate development . You will compile and manage budgets including identification and purchasing of suitable analytical equipment to address obsolescence. You will also have responsibility for the maintenance and service / calibration schedules for the equipment in the Chemistry Lab.
As Chemistry Laboratory Quality Leader, you will:
· Ensure compliance with Good Lab Practice to meet the requirements of all relevant auditing bodies & Good Manufacturing Practice to maintain a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness .
· Provide Chemistry Technical support for customer complaint investigations delivering the necessary data collection & associated reports.
· Maintain all laboratory and additive area documentation within SAP that complies with the U.S. & European Pharmacopeia & other appropriate Quality Management System regulations detailing how to prepare, identify, test, store and dispose of additives.
· Drive continuous improvement within the Chemistry Laboratory standardising with other equivalent BD manufacturing locations.
· Develop and validate analytical methods in accordance with established procedures ensuring all test methods have acceptable Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) .
· Provide Chemistry Technical representation for projects responsible for changes that impact additive preparation & testing and for internal & external audits .
· Understand and implement the Health, Safety & Environmental requirements involved when handling toxic and corrosive chemicals (COSHH) , using correct PPE and following Manual Handling Regulations.
The successful candidate will have a Chemistry qualification and experience of working in a production environment in a regulated industry. You will have a high ability in maths and science, particularly chemistry along with good problem-solving, planning and organisation skills. You will have strong people, budget and project management skills. You will have experience in GLP and GMP and be an advocate of continuous improvement.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external Talent Community here: emea.jobs.bd…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.