Trant Engineering Ltd
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit a CAD/Draftsperson with a background in Electrical projects, to join our design studio at our Head Office in Southampton.
* Reporting to the CAD Team Leader
* Responsible for the preparation of Computer Aided Design drawings in accordance with TEL and/or clients drawing manuals
* Responsible for preparing detailed arrangement drawings including the use of Xref’s (external references) to manage drawings effectively
* Responsible for preparing detailed electrical drawings including single lines, block cable and loop drawings
* Responsible for preparing piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs)
* Maintains drawing file system, issuing of drawings and undertaking of archiving of drawings
* Maintains all incoming and outgoing drawing registers, and ensures that all documents are issued with the required documentation
* Assist with site dimensional surveys for pre and post construction drawings
* Assists Design Engineers in the liaison with the Client, suppliers and external sub-contractors to ensure design is completed in accordance with the specification
* Part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design of water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants
* Competent user of 2D AutoCAD
* Experience in 3D and intelligent software packages such as Autocad Plant 3D, Autocad P&ID, Autocad Electrical, Autocad Civil 3D, Revit, advantageous but not essential
* Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages
* A background of working with the water or waste water sector would be a strong advantage
Health and Safety –
* The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
* That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
* That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
* That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
* That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
* The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TeL Systems Department
* That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget
* Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES & DIVERSITY
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.