Accreditation Manager Portsmouth SF32597
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Accreditation Manager to join our Cyber Resilience and Information Assurance function in a senior role reporting to the Head of Accreditation and Risk. You will have the responsibility for ensuring successful accreditation of Babcock Information Systems.
You will be responsible for security policy development on programmes, e.g. Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS) and associated documentation and ensuring that the policy described in the RMADS is reflected in the security design and in the conformance testing support documentation.
You will be providing cryptography support ensuring suitable controls for the Babcock IT environment. You will also ensure control and storage of all cryptographic materials, as well as assisting with any relevant cryptographic audits.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Establishing and chairing Security Working Groups required for Accreditation Targets
* Providing support and guidance to Babcock Sectors on ensuring accreditation is retained
* Providing technical support and guidance on the delivery of / change to Information Systems
* Liaise with colleagues and business managers making them fully aware of technical security risks
* Make appropriate risk decisions to balance both security and business needs
* Work closely with project teams to understand the security threats and define the risk treatment to secure the new system or service
* Assist with the audit of new systems and services prior to live introduction to the business
* Compose, review and submit Codes of Connection and JSP documentation ensuring network conformance
* Establish and attend Corporate and BIS Security Working Groups
* Responsible for the generation, review and submission of JSP 604 documentation
* SCIDA authoring and submission
* Review and maintenance of RBCs on Babcock and customer systems
* Ensure DART system update and maintenance to a high standard
* Business SWG guidance, attendance and support
* Supporting trade control and process improvements within the security function
* Provide training on accreditation and support awareness of requirements
What do I need to do the role?
*You must have experience in accreditation of IT systems and will be skilled in security risk management with a good grasp of cryptography
*A university degree or relevant experience in Information Assurance and / or Cyber Security
*Sound knowledge of UK Government security policies and standards
*Skilled in creation of risk management documentation
*Knowledge and understanding of legislation affecting security
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Application Guidance All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.