3rd Line Support Engineer
Our client are an IT Solutions Company they are a rapidly growing business offering progression opportunities in the short, medium, and long term. The company has a large focus on training and development.
They’re looking for a 3 rd line Support Engineer ideally friendly people skills as well as VMWare, Microsoft stack and Cloud technology background start salary depending on experience is to c£45K plus bens as well as a 10% retention bonus first year and second year and 25% bonus 3rd year .
Their headquarters are in Bristol and with regional offices across the UK
Ideal Skills include
• Microsoft stack of technologies
• AD, DNS, DCHP
• Virtualisation technology ideally Citrix
• SCCM for patching
• Symantec Encryption and Protection
• Basic Azure knowledge
• Datacentre experience
• Backup technology ideally Veeam and Netbackup
They have an IT Service Desk agreement with a prestigious firm headquartered within the heart of Bristol’s City Centre. The Service Desk, is based less than 200 metres from the clients office will be providing Level 1, 2 and 3 support for all user related issues and managed infrastructure to ensure the clients applications & services are running at their best.
The primary focus of the 3rd Line Support Engineer is to be a key contributor in the ongoing support & maintenance to critical infrastructure platforms that underpin the client’s applications & services. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert on diverse infrastructure technologies and will provide key technical escalation point for problems and escalated support incidents to ensure timely resolution of issues that minimise service disruption to the client.
You will work in conjunction with other 3rd line Support Engineers as part of a wider Service Desk team and will be expected to mentor 2nd Line team members to help expand their skills and ensure the Service Desk and its overall capability grows to evolve a view to constantly positive client feedback loops and positive service delivery . The 3rd line engineers are actively encouraged to look for ways to drive down the risk of reactive incidents from occurring and also upskill their colleagues. This will allow them to channel time into project work that helps drive transformation projects .
The role expects a proactive ‘team player’ mentality and professionalism at all times. The role will play a key part in ensuring that we anticipate issues before they arise and resolve issues where we are forced to be reactive.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will also be expected to:
• Provide level 3 support for key incidents and issues related to the client
• Provide problem management and technical analysis
• Maintain existing infrastructure systems
• Perform troubleshooting & root cause analysis documentation
• Proactively look to develop existing solutions to improve resiliency, availability and performance.
• Ensure that systems are patched and maintained in accordance with the end client & your expectations.
• Work with the SDM to ensure that any risks to availability or performance are identified.
• During exceptional busy period it may be necessary to support the Service Desk 2nd line team to ensure the call answering KPI’s are maintained…… click apply for full job details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.